So maybe I can't be quite as cool as Caroline and start a new blog, but I can steal her awesome font :)
I'm not going to lie, I find it cool that the San Francisco Giants won the World Series since Eric and I saw them play at their awesome stadium at the beginning of our honeymoon:
I mean sure, I'd rather the Sox win, but the Giants were a happy second for me. Plus I'm all about the underdog and the Giants had never won in SF.
Like my sis, I've been kind of exploring blogs that talk about things other than healthy living lately. Not for any particular good reason other than I'm kind of sick of reading about oatmeal and running, though I do love them both. Today I found Heather's blog and she is doing a cool challenge. Basically, she blogs every day for 30 days about different topics each day. I'm not promising I'll blog about every single topic, but I'd like to start just to get back in the habit of daily blogging :) At the very least it will force me to do something fun at night rather than pretending I am a first year teacher again! Here is the list of posts in case you would like to join me in the challenge.
Day 1-Introduce, recent picture, 15 interesting facts
Day 2-Meaning behind your blog name
Day 3-Your first love
Day 4-Your parents
Day 5-Your siblings
Day 6-A picture of something that makes you happy
Day 7-Favorite movies
Day 8-A place you've traveled to
Day 9-A picture of your friends
Day 10-Something you're afraid of
Day 11-Favorite tv shows
Day 12-What you believe
Day 14-A picture you love
Day 15-Bible verse
Day 16-Dream house
Day 17-Something you're looking forward to
Day 18-Something you regret
Day 19-Something you miss
Day 21-Picture of yourself
Day 22-Favorite city
Day 23-Favorite vacation
Day 24-Something you've learned
Day 25-Put your iPod on shuffle, first 10 songs
Day 26-Picture of your family
Day 28-Something that stresses you out
Day 29-3 Wishes
Day 30-a picture
Today is Day 1: Introduce, Recent Picture, 15 Interesting Facts.
Hopefully the facts will introduce me pretty well, but if you want to know more visit my About page :)
1. I am terrible at having strong political views because I nearly always can see all the sides to an issue- so one person will talk to me and I'll think I agree with them, but then someone else will show me the other side and I'll be like SHOOT, good point!
2. However, even with #1 being the case, there are certain things I have very strong opinions about. I can't stand intolerance. I try to understand the other side that not everyone was raised in an open-minded world, but in the end I just get annoyed that anyone would want another person to be unhappy just so that they would feel more "comfortable." Everyone should be an organ donor. Parents should be required to take a class before having kids and possibly pass a psych test- haha.
3. I am currently obsessed with popcorn. Specifically air popped on my stove with a little bit of olive oil and salt.
4. I am a Kindergarten teacher. Including this year, I've taught 101 kids over the course of 5 years (not including all those awesome kids I had in student teaching and at camps, many of whom I still remember). All of them have made me smile. Most of them have made me laugh, some more than others. Most of them have annoyed/made me angry, some more than others :) But I generally try to appreciate them because my life would be a lot less fun without them (also a lot less stressful). Okay fine, I internally appreciate them while complaining about them a lot, sorry kiddos.
5. I frequently pretend I live in the town that borders mine.
6. I tend to like things more if they are pink.
7. I am married to a tall man who likes to wear shorts in January.
8. I have a small obsession with planning trips. I can easily waste away hours planning a trip I will never take.
9. I legally have 4 names- my first name, my given middle name, my maiden name, my new last name. I refuse to give up any of them to the point where I had to put my two middle names together as one word on my license. I am being very stubborn about changing my last name at work.
10. I love music, especially country music. I used to be kind of unique for liking country, but now a lot of people do even in Boston :) So many songs remind me of so many memories. I also have a wide knowledge of kindergarten music. When I sing them at home too much, Eric makes up his own versions and makes a lot of fun of me, which I deserve.
11. I am NOT a detail person.
12. I've been told I'm good at "school" (as in being the student). This is because I'm pretty awesome at BS. I can easily have a full discussion about a reading I've skimmed 2 minutes before class. I have written papers on subjects I know next-to-nothing about. I'm also a hard worker, but I give lots of credit to the BS.
13. Speaking of school, I got in trouble more than once for letting others "cheat" off me. Most notably in the epic e-mail subject "you know you love me" sent to Tiff and then mistakenly forwarded to her teacher. Oops! Good thing her dad was the department head and even though he pretended to be mad at us, I think he secretly thought it was pretty hilarious himself.
14. I am currently on a mission to have more fun and stress less. I think I've been on this mission since the day I started teaching.
15. This post just took me an insanely long time... I guess that speaks to how easily I'm distracted, or how hard it is for me to come up with "interesting" facts about myself.
I promise Day 2 will be shorter :)
Tell me one interesting fact about you. And, do the blog challenge with me... you know you want to!