I would like to declare myself, the Queen of Good Intentions...
By this I mean, I mean I have SO so so so so many good intentions. Want to hear some of them? (gonna tell you anyways)
- I want to go to yoga twice a week, but in reality I only make it once a week at the absolute most. In the same note, I want to be a zen yoga person... and I am not. Just the simple fact that I refuse to go to classes over 1 hour and wish they could be 45 minutes long means I am a terrible zen person.
- I want to visit Shannon and her (barely even new anymore!) baby. I was planning to starting about a month ago and then the weeks keeping getting busier and busier.
-I want to organize a Gingerbread house decorating afternoon for some of my old students who need a little extra holiday cheer
- I want to create a family tree as far back as I can go, scan old family photos and type up stories so no one forgets them. Maybe I should start a family blog haha...
- I want to update my classroom website more often and actually post on my teaching blog.
- I would like to be a college TA at some point... not like full time just for one class to see what it's like. I think it would be cool to work with wanna be teachers. Does anyone know what a TA in education courses actually does? On the same note I'd also like to have a student teacher at some point- but I'm scared. I think I'd be a good cooperating teacher as long as the person was relatively good, but if I got someone terrible I'd probably just let them be terrible and never confront them about it.
- I want to send more positive e-mails to parents telling me good things that their kids do, instead of only reporting the negative things.
- I want to act on my plans for Christmas event gifts but so far they are just ideas.
I know a lot of following through with good intentions is just taking the first step: e-mailing a college professor I know to inquire about being a TA, talking to family members about typing up stories/lending me pictures etc. So what I really need to do is just DO.
On a positive note, I have followed through with a lot of my good intentions. I did send 1 good parent e-mail last week (haha, I know... one five second e-mail isn't really a celebratory event!). I did design and order 4 shutterfly photo albums of our wedding for our grandmothers (well Caroline designed one, so I designed 3). I did design and order Christmas cards from me and Eric. I did start talking about volcanoes with my class. I am starting my first graduate class since I got my masters a year and a half ago next week (and kind of dreading it but hey). Hopefully soon I will just be the Queen of Good.... no more intentions :)
What is one good intention you have right now?
PS. The blog challenge today is to show a picture of yourself, so, see above!