Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving Eve

The night before Thanksgiving is usually a night to hang out with old friends and get excited about all the yummy food and fun times with family the next day. This year is a little different than usual for Eric and I. Eric has to be up at 5am to get ready for the Thanksgiving football game and I am still recovery from my lovely dose of H1N1.

I know I should be appreciative that I was able to receive Tamiflu when I am not a high risk patient, but I have to admit I am really a bit angry that I was not given the vaccine in the first place. I know they are starting with people that are likely to have serious complications, and I appreciate that. But then again, my healthy med school friend was able to get it because she works at a hospital. So obviously, we have moved beyond high risk patients to high risk patients and people we the doctors are immediately concerned with. As a teacher, I am probably only slightly less likely to be exposed than a doctor so give me the vaccine. Sometimes I just hate that big decisions about my health are left up to other people and not me. I guess now is not the time to go on a health rant...

In GOOD news...I downloaded this application called "Blogo" in hopes that it is going to make my blog posts more efficient, mainly in the area of picture posting. I haven't been taking any pictures lately (unless you want to see pics of my TV?) so I thought I'd post some from last year's holiday season.


That would be Eric with our little tree. We are hoping to have a slightly bigger one this year in our house, but then again our apartment living room was actually bigger than our house living room, so we'll see. Eric's only request is that it smells more like a tree, haha.

Last year right before Christmas Eric's brother took us into Boston to see How the Grinch Stole Christmas. It was the perfect Christmas night...


Also right before Christmas, Eric and I got engaged...yipee! I'll probably tell the story when we get closer to the one year anniversary :)




What are you most looking forward to about the holiday season? I am so excited to decorate our first house for Christmas. Eric already put the lights up outside, but we are probably going to wait until football is over to start on the inside. I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving tomorrow.

PS. Canadians- I love that no one knows where Canadian Thanksgiving began haha. Now that I hear the story is similar I'm starting to wonder if the whole story was completely made up by everyone. Oh well, at least I get to eat delicious food and hang out with family!

*Special Note: I tested out Blogo for this post and I'm in love. It was SO quick and easy. If you have a Mac (and therefore can't use the Windows program that makes putting pictures up easy) then I highly recommend the free trial of Blogo. I'll let you know in a month if I decide to pay for it, but I probably will! Let me know if you decide to try it.

16 comments:

  1. Yay! That snowy photo is so beautiful. It makes winter look nice! I am glad you found Blogo, Live Writer makes my life SO much easier! Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for feeling better! Love your pics too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your little tree! I need to go buy myself some Christmas decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!!!

    And you totally beat me to what I was going to say - Windows live. I want to eventually switch to a Mac though so it's good to know that Blogo works well!

    I'm surprised that Mac wouldn't have "an app for that" (that's what I automatically wanted to say) - or some sort of program for it... Anyways, having SOME other way of putting up posts is so much easier I find! With Windows live I can jot down post ideas and stuff... super efficient :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to hear your engagement story!!! Have a good thanksgiving! XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. did you try to get the shot? because the are giving it to people here who come in contact with kids up to age 5 or something.. and that would be a teacher.. caregivers included.. i didnt get it because i dont want it.. but it was available.. heck they had clinics here and pretty much hundreds got it..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't want to make you mad or anything.. but my friend who goes to school in Philly (Alex) got both the regular flu shot and the swine at her school and I don't see how she is high risk at all..
    Teachers should definitely be given it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic pictures!! I love them all. The things I look most forward to is Nick being relaxed, and presents under the tree. And...SNOW!

    HAve a great Thanksgiving, and thanks for the Blogo information! I check it out and I'm going to look into it.

    Night!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Thanksgiving!!
    I can't wait to hear your story!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Thanksgiving! I hope it's filled with fun, family, friends, and great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Thanksgiving! Wait, what is blogo? You'll have to say more if it's something I should know about :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Was The Grinch good??? I'm so disappointed that I didn't get a chance to see it.

    Happy Thanksgiving, and good luck getting thru your crazy day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pics - suddenly I feel like a glass of white wine, even though it's only 10am.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pictures! I can't wait to see more and hear a story!

    I hope you're feeling better!
    Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you enjoy your day with loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am also looking forward to the engagement story. I love hearing those stories! :)

    I hope you are back to 100% very soon. Sucks that you couldn't get the vaccine. :(

    I am so excited for the holiday season. I am just so excited to see my family. I won't see any of my immediate family today since everyone is with their in-laws and my parents are at my brother's, so I can't wait for Christmas when we will all be together!

    ReplyDelete
  16. hope you are feeling better soon! and love that snowy picture :) happy thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete