Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am SO happy today. Why? Because for the first time in ALMOST A WEEK, I did not sit on the couch watching talk shows and reading crazy books all day! YAYYYYY!!! I was finally feeling better enough to actually exist like a normal human today and just in time :)

I did skip Eric's game this morning because I did not think my body would appreciate entering society again by sitting in the cold(ish) drizzle. But I managed to make it to my family and Eric's family and hopefully I did not infect anyone. I have to admit, my family was a bit concerned about catching H1N1 from me. For example, me: Mom, do you need any help in there? Mom: Not from you! Hahaha....oh well, I won't complain, I get to sit around and do nothing and not looking like an ungrateful child. Sounds good to me!

Time for some Thanksgiving...

Beginning with some gorgeous table set up. My family has finally found a use for the dining room :)


My mom made this gorgeous centerpiece, it's got real cranberries on the bottom and some serious BC colors on the top!

The Food Begins with some sweet potatoes...

My favorite...

My second favorite...

All together now...


See the free spot above? That's because everyone was scared to sit next to me. They claimed it was a special empty spot for "Eric" haha, yeah right!

For dessert I had a very small piece of lemon meringue pie (and took a bigger slice home to eat when I didn't have to worry as much about my tummy)

Next, I headed up to see Eric's family where there were a lot of dogs attacking small children going on...

And some sleeping if you can see in the background (too much night before Thanksgiving fun?). Also I love this picture below...

It kind of looks like the two of them have been drinking a little bit too much. I'm not going to lie, that has been known to happen on holidays, but today both of these two cousins have not had a sip to drink. They still look like they are have though, which makes it amusing.

Thanksgiving was very low key and relaxed this year for me, but it was just what I needed after 5 days on the couch. How was everyone's Thanksgiving? If you didn't celebrate Thanksgiving then I hope you had an awesome Thursday!

Time to go avoid online shopping. There are just so many good deals going on right now!

13 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're feeling better and had a great thanksgiving :) The food looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for feeling better! It looks like you and your fam had a great day together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are feeling better! Sounds like you had a wonderful day !:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY for feeling better and for FOOOOOOD :)
    And oh, HAPPY THANKSGIVING girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you were able to get out and enjoy the holiday. I hope you're back to 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving! The food looks fantastic. We went out then night before and I wanted to sleep all day yesterday too, I won't lie about that!

    Have a great day, and enjoy some delicious left overs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! How wonderful that you were able to get up and go somewhere for Thanskgiving! I love the picture of the boys lounging and the dog attacking! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh boy, don't mention online shopping :| Looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with delicious food!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you were feeling better in time to enjoy Thanksgiving! Mmm, those pics are making me HUNGRY!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay!! I'm glad you are feeling better! Too funny about everyone being afraid of catching H1N1 from you. But, like you say... it's a built-in excuse to relax.

    I enjoyed your pictures! Just a guess, based on the pictures- Eric's family is more relaxed and casual than yours?? If so, that's how it is for us- only my family is the more relaxed, casual one. Makes for some fun(ny) family get-togethers when you get both families together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. glad you're feeling better! that lemon pie looks awesome! can you tell pie is my fave part of thanksgiving? haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, we both have relaxed and casual families, my mom just likes to set up a beautiful dining room table- the dinner conversation did not really fit in the environment haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving meal with your family! I love that center piece that your mom made, what a creative idea! Glad your feeling better, I can't believe you had the dreaded piggy flu!

    ReplyDelete