Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Wacky Wednesday

I had a great swimming work out this morning. I was at the Y and the Master's swim team work out was on the white board so I thought I'd try it out. Turns out I completely forgot how to do the butterfly stroke since I was in middle school. Also, I should never do the back stroke while sharing a lane. Plus I could not make it through all the laps they were supposed to do. It was not a total failure though because it changed things up and a bit and made me go at least a few extra laps.

I had a PT appointment this afternoon and I convinced her to tape my knee, we will see if it helps. Also, my kiddos were amazing today! They must have known I was looking for new jobs online while they were at gym. I rewarded them with a run through the sprinkler at the end of the day and a ton of extra recess. According to the 10 day forecast it is going to rain every day for the next 10 days. If that happens, I may cry.

Since it's hump day I decided to do one of these fabulous surveys. I used to do these in high school when you e-mail them to everyone. I don't know why I love them but I do. And it's not just that I enjoy talking about myself, I genuinely enjoy reading other people's! I got this from Carissa's blog.

What is your current obsession? Blogs! I have a majorly obsessive personality, I am always obsessed with something, usually computer related.

What is your weirdest obsession? Probably the color pink. I know it doesn't sound that weird but I make some irrational decisions based on things being pink. For example, I'll buy something not as good because it is pink haha.

Starbucks or Peet’s? Starbucks

What’s for dinner? Tonight I actually had oatmeal because we had a breakfast at work today and I don't do a day without oatmeal (okay and I had no food at the house). Normally I try to have chicken or fish, potato, rice or pasta, some kind of veggie...

What would you eat for your last meal? Ooo! Since it's my last meal I don't have to worry about my stomach at all, or getting fat (ha ha!). So, lets see a lobster roll on San Francisco sour dough bread with a LOT of pringles. Since it's my last meal, I think I'll eat even more...chicken with mashed potatoes (and these would have TONS of butter on them). I would finish it up with some dessert, probably Coldstone Cake Batter Ice Cream. Or maybe even an ice cream cake. Can you tell my stomach issues have deprived me a bit?

What was the last thing you bought? It was a present so I can't tell you at the moment. The last thing I bought for myself was my running Garmin.

What are you listening to right now? The Red Sox game on TV

What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Cake batter or Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
What do you think of the person(s) who tagged you? Actually I just found her blog today via Amber's blog and so far I really like it. She didn't actually tag me, she said she was tagging anyway one wanted to do it haha.

If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go? Probably Australia and visit with my friend Kirst who I met while I was studying abroad there. I may consider going somewhere I've never been...so maybe she'd meet me in Fiji?

Which language do you want to learn? Practically definitely either Korean or Chinese since tons of my students speak those two languages. However, I suck at languages so there is no chance of me learning a language with a different alphabet. I think Spanish would be good or Italian.

What is your favorite quote (for now)? I am a huge quote person, I don't think I could pick just one. Maybe, "Remember, no man is a failure who has friends."

What is your favorite color? Bright pink and green.

What is your favorite piece of clothing in your own wardrobe? Big fan of this dress at the moment, but I'm basically in love with any dress I have that is comfy.


What is your dream job? I debate about this a lot. Every job has down sides. I think I'd be a writer of some sort though. Or maybe a teacher with a PERFECT class every year. Hey, they said dream...

What is your worst habit? Eric says leaving a trail of Cheerios every where I go. I also pick at my nails which is not great either.

If you had $100 now, what would you spend it on? Either a really nice dinner, a new bag ( I love bags) or a new dress.

Do you admire any one’s style? Lots of people...can't think of any to name though.

Describe your personal style. I would say a bit preppy, casual, PINK. I mostly shopping at The Limited, Ann Taylor Loft, Express...

What are you going to do after this? Read some more blogs and then go to bed.

What are your favorite movies? Love Actually, and any and all chick flicks

What is your favorite fruit? probably strawberries, but my stomach prefers mango and bananas.

What inspires you? People who overcome a lot and still have a positive attitude, teachers who work hard to reach every child in their classroom

What is your favorite book? I can't think of a favorite. Right now I am really into Jodi Picoult books. My favorite by her in The Pact but that book also made me really sad so I am glad they are not all as intense as that.

Do you collect something? Haha, maybe purses.

What is your favorite smell? The smell of food cooking

What are you most proud of? Being only 25, 3 years out of college, I have: got a full time teaching job, received tenure!, and got my masters in reading. Can you be proud of being engaged to the best guy in the universe? Or is that considered a matter of luck? I also think I have surrounded myself with really supportive, amazing friends and family members- but again, this could also be seen as luck.

How many times do you press the snooze button before you get up? NEVER! I hate the snooze button. If I can sleep later, I'll just set my alarm for later. Once I get woken up, I am up.

Cats or dogs? Dogs- but to be honest, I'm not really a huge animal person. Don't tell the little second grader I tutor, she loves animals and I am fooling her well!


Complete the following: Love is…when you don't mind farting in front of each other :)

What do you like best about yourself (can be a physical characteristic and/or a personality trait)? Isn't it funny how much easier it is to think of bad things, when in reality I actually like MUCH more about myself than I don't like. I like that I am a very hard worker. I like that I can get along with almost everyone. I like my curly hair (almost always).

What do you dislike about yourself? I've become too structure oriented. I used to be much more flexible. If something changes unexpectedly, I want to be able to roll with it. I also seriously dislike my stomach.

Okay, I am officially tagging anyone who would like to do this. If you do it, please leave a comment so I know to go read your blog (since I mentioned I love reading these). Also, when you do it, you can add one question to the end :)

14 comments:

  1. I wish I could hate the snooze button!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah i don't think i could do the master's warmup! :) lol.

    love your 'last meal'. i think mine would just never end, and that's what would end up making it my last. i love food...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also wish I didn't use the snooze button. It's not like I actually fall back asleep during those 5 minutes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that you had a better day with the kids today! The bad days just make us appreciate the good ones even more. :)

    Great swim workout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool survey! I'll try to remember to do it tomorrow. And congrats on the tenure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great workout! Ugh I hope the weather is nice for you! I get so gloomy when it's all rainy. And I'm crossing my fingers that the knee taping helps you!

    Fun survey! Cake batter ice cream sounds sooo yummy. I love cupcake ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Check out my blog, I answered the questions too! FUn getting to know more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Should I just copy and paste the questions? I've never done this before, but I want to :) I am a bit slow..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yayy for having a good day!!! :) And if it makes you feel any better - I cant swim to save my life!!!

    Totally stealing this questionaire!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "love is...." buahaha, so true.. the first time my boyf farted in front of me i knew it was meant to be =)

    glad you had a good day and the little rascals behaved themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey there! I love your blog setup! Swimming questions: 1 - I just wear a cap. Water gets in my ears but I shake my head till it gets out! I haven't had swimmers ear since I was alot younger!! The Y has masters by me, and you just show up! Before it was a program that people just started at my high school and I just showed up one day. I wouldn't be too nervous about only doing the one stroke, I think there are so many different levels and most people prefer just doing free!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for your comment on my blog! elegance is overrated haha. i love your favorite quote - so true!

    btw i have the same knee issues that you do, and i'm in pt too. i'd love to hear how the taping works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL on how you answered "Love is..." :D
    Glad to hear the kids are great today and booo for rainy days ahead! :s

    ReplyDelete
  14. that's disappointing about the taping. i'm on my second round of pt, and i'm having a lot more success this time. my first pt had me lay off all other forms of exercise, and i think that was the worst thing i could have possibly done. sure, i was working my muscles in pt, but i wasn't using them outside of that to keep them strong. so i think having a varied exercise routine is key - but honestly, it's all been guesswork for me.

    i'm getting custom orthotics in a couple weeks and i am just praying that they help!

    ReplyDelete