Friday, June 12, 2009

Shoulda Woulda Coulda

Today I gave myself one final birthday present. I told Eric last night I have to stop giving myself birthday presents because I already bought myself a bike and a garmin, along with all the other gifts I got from others :) However, this is my one final gift to myself. What is it, you ask? Well, I'll give you a clue. It's 9:10 am and I am blogging, so what did I skip today? WORK! wooooooo!

I know, I know, school is out in less than 2 weeks, couldn't I just push through? The answer is no. This year I only have 3 days off between my job and my summer job, and it just so happened that fun things I wanted to do were last night and today/tonight so I decided to take my second personal day ever in three years of teaching. Not a horrible record I don't think. I love the kiddos (usually) but sometimes Ms. RedSoxCap has to have a life!

Last night I began the celebration with my first ever Red Sox vs. Yankees game!!! And what a game to go to! The Sox were ahead, then they were behind...then....
the RALLY caps came out!!! Don't mind Eric's absolutely ridiculous face in this picture haha. Also, take note of my winter jacket and scarf, thank you mother nature for making it freezing in the middle of June. Anyway, the Sox came back to win it and it was a blast to watch. And for once I didn't even mind that Red Sox/Yankees games go way longer than any other game because I wasn't going to work in the morning!

Also on tap for my day off- finally getting my hair highlighted. My roots are getting ridiculous but I haven't had a spare minute for the long process that is dealing with my hair. Then, heading down to Mansfield MA for the Brad Paisley concert. Hopefully we are going to get some serious tailgating in, but the rain of this week doesn't seem to be cooperating with my plans to have nothing but fun!

No worries though. I have a lot of serious work/training on tap for the weekend. I am going to finish my slideshow for my kids, go on a long bike ride with my sis, and blog about knee stretches and my new torture device- oh sorry I mean "foam roller." I also have a ton of errands too. Does anyone else feel like their life is sometimes taken over by errands? No sooner have I made the trek to Target that I think of another thing I need there a few days later and I have to go back. Then I remember, oh wait I need to go to the bank, and the pharmacy etc etc etc. This must happen to others besides me. Is it a girl thing? Because I swear Eric does not seem to ever have as many errands as me. I swear I don't do them for him! Maybe he just doesn't complain about them as much? That's a definite possibility. Anyway, enough rambling about errands and time to go actually do some of them. I hope everyone has a great Friday and a good start to the weekend. Cross your fingers no rain for me!

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time! And yay for skipping work! You don't take days off very often, so you're right--you shouldn't feel bad! Enjoy your day, and I hope the sun shines for you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing wrong with taking a mental day off. I get so many errands done during that day! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think a well deserved birthday inspired mental health day is very necessary .. glad to hear you treated yourself!

    sounds like you and the boy and a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A personal day sounds like the perfect final Birthday present to yourself. ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A well-deserved and well-earned day off! I'm glad you spent it having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE personal days, have a GREAT time! You deserve the break!!

    PS: I've been SERIOUSLY considering getting a Garmin, I'd love to hear what you think of yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's nothing wrong with taking a day off, especially for a baseball game! While I am an Indians fan, I am still glad the Red Sox BEAT the Yankees!!! I bet that was a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. no excuse is needed for a day off of work in my book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. No such thing as too many bday presents, in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice that you got a day off. It's good that they allow you to take personal days. I'm sure you get very tired.
    Why do you use the foam roller. I'm wondering if its main purpose is for stretching or for strength/toning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey!! Thanks so much for your feedback on the weddings!! We went to places yesterday that we LOVED but I don't know if we can afford the one we love best. All of them turns out, are the same fees no matter what day so I guess that is good. I would love to chat more with you during the planning process! Congratulations on your engagement and your wedding next year!! I love Erics face in that photo AND your hat!

    My friends just went to the Brad Paisly concert last week near us and we missed out to go the beach for wedding location searching- hope it was fun!

    ReplyDelete