Sunday, June 28, 2009

5 day vaca = over!

I'm back from my whirlwind trip to NYC! We left yesterday morning at 9 am and got back today around 3:30! It was a ton of fun, but absolutely exhausting. It was my best friend's bachelorette party so we did the Sex and the City bus tour in the afternoon. I do occasionally watch the show but usually On Demand while working out, so my trivia is pretty bad. It was still cool to get more of a sense of the city as a whole by riding around on a bus. I have been to New York City four times before this, but I felt like I saw more of it this time because of the tour. Plus we got to try Magnolia's cupcakes which were delicious. Unfortunately I was too busy enjoying every delicious bite of cupcake to remember to take a picture. After a fun dinner at a yummy Italian restaurant called Carbone's, we went out for a night on the town. It was really fun, but let me tell you- I couldn't be happier than bars close in Boston at 2 am...I can't handle the NYC life! We stayed out until FOUR, which could very well be the latest I've ever been at a bar, and let's be honest- I go to bed by 10 most nights, so this was CRAZY for me. If any of this post makes no sense at all, I blame it on my late bedtime last night! This is a picture of me and my fantastic college roommates (minus one whom we missed a lot!). From left, Ash (my direct roommate for all four years), me, Katie- the bride!, Linda and Cristina. Love seeing these girls!!!
And another from later in the night. We forgot to take another 11b picture, but at least I'm not wearing the "Bride to Be" crown that I acquired later in the night.
So now that we are home I have to start up my new summer job tomorrow, ugh!!! I know I am going to be exhausted (have you ever noticed that you are sometimes more tired two days after a late night?), but the good news is the night before I started this same job last year my flight from San Francisco was delayed and I got home at 3 am, woke up at 5- so I figure the first day this year can't be as bad as that. Someday I will start this job fully rested and ready to go. After my job tomorrow I am tutoring two kids (one new one, which is exciting) and then I have a PT appointment. My knee is back to hurting again after walking and dancing around NYC. Ash decided I need to try some serious round the clock Advil for a week to see if that will help with inflammation. This idea sounds much easier to me than the don't work out at all and do crazy amounts of PT exercises, stretches and icing that has been provided to me before so I am going to try it. If she's right about this, I'm hiring her and Eric as my doctors and getting rid of my regular primary care. Hey, in a year she will be an official doctor and she gives me more than 5 seconds of her time, so it couldn't be too bad.
I am NOT looking forward to starting work tomorrow but I am excited to get back on a normal eating routine, my stomach has not been enjoying all this traveling, constant snacking and eating out! Tonight Eric, Ash and I cooked some chicken and potatoes on the grill. Even though the weather does NOT seem like summer at all, the grill makes it feel like summer. Plus I love how you can cook things really plain on the grill but it still has a delicious flavor.

Anyway, I have to go figure out what I am going to teach the kiddos tomorrow and then early to bed. If I have any energy left at all after tomorrow I'll post tomorrow night. I hope everyone had a great weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Glad you had a wonderful weekend with your girls! :)
    If I stay past midnight, I'm completely useless the following day. Must be getting really old! :P Hope your knee gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of teaching are you doing during the summer? Is it a program through your school? I was going to do a summer program for ELL students in grades 3-5, but I am not sure if I still can (given our plans to move and all...). I have heard from friends that have taught summer school that it is a very relaxed environment and is pretty fun. Hope the first day went okay!

    -KT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magnolia cupcakes are my absolute FAVE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun time!! The bars here close at 2am too...late enough for me!! :P

    Good luck today! Hope you aren't too exhausted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like such a fun weekend, but I would be DEAD by 4am. Midnight is a late night for me. LOL!

    Good luck starting the summer job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm jealousthat you got to go to NYC. I've always wanted to go. What was on the SATC tour?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you had a great vaca! It's always sad when they come to an end, though. I hope work goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like a fun weekend with the girls! hope you have been able to catch up on a little bit of sleep.

    ReplyDelete