Friday, June 26, 2009

Getting Geared Up for a Fun Weekend!

Good morning. Thank you all so much for your insight into my many different outfits! Although I ultimately liked all of the outfits, I ended up picking the #1 & 2, pinkish purple shirt and I wore it with BOTH the jean capris and the white capris since everyone was pretty divided on which looked better. I brought both the black dress (the last one) and the blue one (the second to last one) but I ended up only wearing the black dress because I was pretty sick of changing! I am looking forward to wearing the two blue dresses to upcoming summer events because I love them both. I also brought my red sox shirt for a couple of pictures since we want our engagement party to have a red sox theme to it :) It was a lot of fun taking all the pictures but it was so exhausting!!! I don't think I could ever be a model (haha, of course there are a lot of other reasons I couldn't be a model as well!). I will definitely post the pictures for all to see once I have them :)

In other wonderful news, my knee is REALLY starting to feel better. Yayyyyy!!!! I have been doing my PT exercises and stretches like a crazy person and I can feel my legs getting a lot stronger (one good thing to come out of this). However, it has definitely taken doing NOTHING to get my knee to this point. I haven't run in 4 weeks, swam in over a week and biked since last Saturday. Since Saturday all I have been doing is push up/sit up challenge, PT exercises and stretches- that is all. I got up this morning to do to the YMCA to swim. I drove all the way there (it's about 20 minutes away), paid my $5 (you still have to pay if you are a member of a Boston YMCA- boo), and then come to discover the pool is closed until Sunday!!! I tried not to be too mad about it, since it's probably a sign that I should continue to rest and let my knee have a serious break. HOWEVER, if you are going to close a pool at the YMCA, at the very least put it up on your website. I checked the website last night for lap swimming hours and there was nothing at all about the pool being closed. I'm fine with not swimming today, but I would've prefered not to drive 40 minutes for no reason. I did pick Eric up an iced coffee on the way home, so I guess it wasn't all wasted- but seriously. And fortunately they did give me my $5 back.

Today we are driving home from the Cape to pick up Ash from the airport. You may remember (if you are a frequent reader) that Ash is my 4 year roommate from college, and she came to visit a few weeks ago. Normally I don't get visits from her this much because she lives in Chicago but she has had wedding fesitivities in Boston so I benefit. This weekend we are driving down to New York City together for Katie's Bachelorette Party!!!!!! I am the maid of honor in Katie's August wedding and we have been planning this bachelorette party for a long time so I think it's going to be a ton of fun. I have never actually been to a bachelorette party (I know the wedding crazyness really hit me all at once) but I can already tell I am going to like them a lot better than bridal showers, ha ha. Ash is staying with me until Tuesday and my summer job starts bright and early on Monday morning (in fact, I honestly don't know exactly what time it starts- I should probably figure that out huh?). Therefore, my posts might be a little few and far between for the next few days. But I will have lots to report when I return and hopefully I'll be back in the bike & swim grove with no knee pain by then :)

Oh, and one more thing. Part of starting my summer schedule next week means that on Monday and Wednesdays (and a few Tuesdays) I will be going from one job that ends at 12:30 to another that begins at 1:00. It takes 20 minutes to drive between the two, and about five to walk to my car at job #1. Therefore, I will have to eat lunch on the go, literally- in the car. So, I am on the search for any lunch ideas you have that I can eat in the car. My only idea so far is to bake a batch of healthy muffins and eat one of those maybe with some Cheerios or pretzels. Any other ideas or healthy muffin recipes?

7 comments:

  1. yay glad to hear your knees feeling better :)!

    travel safely, love! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your knee is feeling better!

    Have a great time this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the perfect recipe for you. They are called Flex Muffins. I top them with a 90 calorie packet of Barney Butter. Of course you can use any nut butter you like.

    http://www.oxygenmag.net/showthread.php?t=29032&highlight=flex+muffins

    If the link does not work, just go to oxygenmag.com and do a recipe search for flex muffins from Muscle Mama.

    I also made these with 1 90 calorie container of greek yogurt and they were YUMMY!

    Good luck with your new busy schedule! I also like cold chicken (weird, I know). Pair it with an apple and there is a an easy on the go meal. Or make some kind of pita sandwich with an apple. Just some suggestions. :)

    All your outfits were cute. I really liked the blue dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad our suggestions helped! I'm sure you looked great. I'm also happy to hear your knee is feeling better, ugh I hate being even remotely injured.

    Have fun with your friend this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. All of your outfits were super cute! I am sure your pictures will look great!

    Glad to hear your knee is starting to feel better! Wahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay that your knee is feeling better!! I swear half the time I go to the pool it's closed for cleaning or meets. And they only put a dinky sign on the change-room door to let people know. So frustrating!!

    I have to eat in the car a lot for my job too. PB sandwiches are great, so are carrot sticks and other veggie munchables. Nuts, dried fruit. No bananas, I learned the hard way that they are really hard to peel while driving :P Muffins are a great idea! I'm going to have to steal that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad your knee is better! And I hope you have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete