Sunday, June 21, 2009

Beautiful View, Yummy Breakfast

Good morning all! It's rainy again here but I am in a great mood because I only have to make it through 2 days of school this week and then I have my very short summer vacation until my job starts next Monday. I made it through the bridal shower yesterday and it was a lot better than I expected. It was in a gorgeous location in Mattapoisett.
That's the view from the porch where the shower was held. Gorgeous. It was quite a hike to get down there, but it was also interesting because I went through a lot of towns that I had heard of, but never knew where they were. Not as interesting on the way home but that's why I called Jen and she entertained me for that part of the trip :) The bridal party did a beautiful job with the shower as well, and they did serve alcohol- yes!!! Also, I had thought I was only going to know the bride and one of the bridesmaids (who I figured would be busy with her duties) but when I got there I remembered that she invited a girl who worked with her a few years ago, and I knew a little bit when she still worked at our school. We sat together and chatted the whole shower so that was really good. Also, Mel did an AWESOME job speeding through presents. It was not a long process at all, even though there were a ton of people there. And finally, Mel's best friend from work who is one of her bridesmaids (Erin) made an adorable video of Melanie's students giving her "advice" for being married. HILARIOUS. One of the little girls who I had in my poetry class said "When you get married, you should tell each other everything you have done before you met each other" haha- WHERE would a kindergartner get that idea?!? So funny. One of the other kids said, "Love is when you kiss on the lips...EWWW" and then burst into giggles. That was definitely hilarious. So, here are a few more pictures- me and the future bride, aka my classroom neighbor :)
And Erin's beautiful centerpieces. I really may have to hire her to do my wedding.

This morning I woke up, did not feel like swimming at all, so I decided to make myself a really yummy different breakfast. I got the idea from Nutritious is Delicious and changed the recipe a bit so that I could eat all the ingredients without hurting my yummy (and what I happened to have in the house). I used:
1/4 cup of flour
2 tablespoons of oatmeal
1/4 cup of soy milk
1 egg white
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of sugar
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
*Mix all together, put in a pan (I sprayed the pan with Pam first). Place pan on stove. Cook one side, then add some sliced bananas. Turn over to brown the other side. Then I spread some almond butter across the top.
It came out delicious. It was fun to have something besides oatmeal for breakfast (even though I do love my oatmeal!). You can also see I was lucky enough to get to keep one of the centerpieces from the shower yesterday and it is now the centerpiece on my dining room table :) I usually eat in the living room but with such beautiful flowers on the table I decided I would actually eat there!

Today is going to be a busy day. It's my best friend's birthday, but I don't get to see her but I will be calling her AND next weekend is her bachelorette party, yay! It's also Father's Day obviously, so I have to finish up my gift to my Dad (and it also works as my mom's birthday present which is in 2 days). I made them a DVD picture slideshow of our family trips to Ireland and San Francisco. Eric and I are going to run some errands today and buy more presents for people (something about June I feel like all I have been doing is buying presents!). I still need to get presents for my classroom aide, my 2 room parents and we need to get Eric's dad a B-day and Father's Day present. Then, we are going to go visit his Dad and go eat dinner at my parents house. It feels good to know that everything is basically done for work though so I can focus on seeing people I want to today :) I hope everyone has a great Sunday!

10 comments:

  1. what a gorgeous view! and those pancakes look out of this world!

    happy Sunday, girl =)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, those flowers are gorgeous. I really think flowers are one of the most important parts of a wedding (next is the cake!). Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy weekend! Looks and sounds like the shower was wonderful - great photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you enjoyed the bridal shower and that it was worth the drive. The flowers are lovely and the kids' video was a really cool idea.
    What a sweet present you have for your Dad! :)

    About your previous post, just listen to your body. You don't have to push yourself too much or you might end up hurting yourself. Good luck with your decision!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great weekend!

    You had asked me about "kicking" in the pool as part of drills. What I am referring to is using the kickboards that you hold out in front of you and kick, holding your head above the water. The focus is working the legs and kicking properly. If you go back to my blog I have attached a link to a youtube video on proper kicking. It's in the right side bar.

    I hope this answered your question!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad the bridal shower went well! And that video of the kids giving advice sounds too cute! Kids says the funniest things :D

    I hope you had a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those pancakes look delish! And that centerpiece was so cute and classy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh pretty flowers!! Glad the shower went well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What cute centerpieces! I love homemade ideas.

    Hope that your busy day went well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. first time commenter here- I'm guessing you are a fellow MA resident! : ) Sox fan here too- anyway just wanted to say hi!!

    also- i hate bridal showers too and will be mad if my family throws me one- but glad you at least enjoyed your time there!

    ReplyDelete