Saturday, February 4, 2012

Contradictions

I am a girl of many contradictions...



I love the dessert in Arizona and the oceans of Cape Cod.



DSC02961.JPG





DSC05044.JPG

I am a homebody, but if I'm at home until 3:00 on any given day I start to go a little stir crazy.



I am a morning person, but when my alarm wakes me up I groan every time. On weekends I wake up about 45 minutes later, happy as a clam.



My principal has always praised me for being prepared and organized for every lesson, yet I showed up for my first photography class on Thursday without a pen or anything to write on. Hmm, not so prepared!



I am a teacher, but I can't stand attending school myself (I think I'm burnt out).



I love my students, but the thought of my own children freaks me out.



I have endless patience for a child sounding out the word "dog" for the 36th time, but the person in front of me taking too long to order at Starbucks? MOVE IT!



I teach kindergarten but I can't stand "preschool" problems (ie. bathroom issues, crying about something ridiculous...)



I love to write but I don't think I ever want to be "a writer."



I love Boston and Cape Cod, but I love to travel more than anything else.



What are you contradictions?or What are you up to this weekend?
It's a sports weekend for me. I'm off to the Bruins Game today, and of course watching the Superbowl tomorrow :)



5 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean! I can't seem to think of any contradictions though... I know there are a ton though!

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, good list of contradictions.

    I can be extremely patient with others, but have no patience for myself.

    I love the warm weather of summer, but am glad we have a 'colder' season (although not like last year), as I could not handle 12 months of warm weather.

    I am a math major who loves numbers, but also loves to read/write.

    This weekend I am studying, celebrating my birthday, and traveling for work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I have a lot of the same contradictions as you, especially the being a morning person but groaning when your alarm goes off and going stir crazy if I'm at home all day long! I also LOVE running but usually dread my run all day long until I actually get out there and get it done :)

    This is a pretty relaxing weekend for us. We were going to snowboard today but Eric's binding is broken so we stayed in. I had coffee with a friend and did some work-related stuff and we're going to take Chloe for a walk and Eric is going to take pictures of me for my blog re-design soon. Tomorrow I am running 10 miles and then not much else the rest of the day. Yoga maybe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a lot of the same things as you!

    I love to travel, but I really enjoy being home and nesting.

    I love the mountains, but also love the ocean (I need to live in...Norway? New Zealand?)

    And, like Amber, I like running but dread doing it!

    This weekend is a relaxing one for me! Running, reading, hiking and relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have MANY of the same contradictions as you!
    First, I'm a morning person too, but always dread the sound of my alarm.
    I also have endless patience for many things (like older people, when they walk really slow in front of me at work, and I'm in a hurry) but if someone takes forever ordering (especially at a restaurant) I get embarrassed and feel bad for the waiter (because I used to be one!).

    ReplyDelete