Thursday, February 4, 2010

New Toys and Restaurants

Look at my new TOY:


Sorry to those who used to know me in the real world because I'll now only be available via Blackberry. Kidding. I don't really know what I'm doing with it yet but I have a nice long boring workshop tomorrow afternoon to learn about it. Oh sorry, I mean this weekend, yes, this weekend is when I will play with it.

Today I had the most RANDOM amazing dining experience. Eric and I decided to meet up after work for some food because he has a middle school dance to chaperone tomorrow night so we won't be able to hang out. During football we started a Thursday night dinner tradition so we restarted it tonight. I google restaurants near the Burlington Mall because that's where I had to go for my new toy. I randomly found that there is a tapas bar in Nordstrom called Blue Stove, who knew? Eric and I have been meaning to try tapas forever but have never taken the plunge so we decided today was the day. We were there at about 5 on a Thursday so it was pretty empty, but it had that cool "wine bar" type atmosphere that I really love...

The waiter told us to order 2-3 tapas per person, so we decided to eat order 2 and then share some sweet potato fries. While we waited for our food we got some warm bread and olive oil...

Let's take a look at our tapas...

Roasted Sweet Peppers, Hummus and Sea Salt Lavosh

Sweet Potato Frites with Cilantro Lime Aioli

Lettuce Cups with Szechuan Glazed Chicken (and part of Eric's arm, oops! he wanted to eat it, what can I say?)

Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos

Grilled Risotto Cakes with Roasted Oyster Mushrooms

For dessert- Chocolate Banana Creme Brulee:

The whole bill for all of this amazing food was $40, and trust me- neither of us left hungry. My final verdict on this place? Amazing...and totally unexpected I have to admit. Thank you Blackberry for leading me to this amazing dinner, I will definitely be back!

On another note, did you know that driving using your quad muscles? My lifting class teacher killed my quads yesterday so I spent all of today learning how much my quads do for me...

I am SO happy tomorrow is Friday!!! Who has great plans for the weekend? Mine is going to involve lots of relaxing, some working out (hopefully more than this week, oops) and catching up with at least one friend :) Catch you guys tomorrow!


18 comments:

  1. First off - I can't believe you got all that for $40!!! Holy cannasta! That food looks just amazing!

    We should be blackberry messenger friends! I love bbm! You should add me to your contacts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting a Tour too! Thanks for your input! :D Should be here Monday and um, I ordered a pink case as well. We are twins!
    Total score with the restaurant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a steal!!! Seriously I thought you might have spent almost double- sweet!!!!!!

    BTW - it feels really nice to be missed! 

    ReplyDelete
  4. ARGH the stupid computer just ate my comment.

    Anyways, I SAID my pin is 31c751fb if you want to be BBM buddies. I LOVE BBM!

    Also, all that food for $40? Amazing deal!! I'm going to the bar this weekend but I'm actually looking forward to it because I haven't gone out for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First, love the PinkBerry!!

    Second, YUM.

    Third, YUM.

    And fourth, YUMMMMMM!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got the pink case!!! yay!!
    I can't believe you actually went to that restaurant! haha I didn't know anyone went there. Looked pretty cool though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of that food looks DELICIOUS!

    Enjoy your new toy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want a Blackberry but I wish Verizon had the Iphone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the new toy! Very exciting. I loooove tapas. We are even having a tapas "station" during the cocktail hour of our wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  10. whoooooo i love my blackberry!!!

    those tapas look so awesome.. i love those kinds of places, you get just the right amount of food.. and if you dont like something you havent wasted all that much money..but everything over there looks awesome, i dont think you had that problem!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's so funny. I know exactly what you mean. I just got an iPhone and I can't put it down. It's so fun to play with.

    That restaurant looks awesome! You left my mouth watering!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun new toy! I love that its pink!

    Sound like you have a great weekend coming up. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That restaurant looks so beautiful and the food looks amazing! Haha, Eric was too excited to wait for the picture, sounds familiar, Nick is the same way.

    Love the new phone!! My friends have that same pink case, mine is boring and black. I hope oyu have fun playing with it this weekend. I had a ball with my iPhone the first week I had it!

    Plans for the weekend are the same as yours, relax, catch up on things, and HUGE shopping spree (groceries, that is). Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aaaaaah lucky you!!!!! I feel SO behind... blackberry less.... :(

    The food looks so delicious though! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the blackberry - I have a boring old cell phone...

    I had no idea there was a restaurant inside Nordstroms - I wonder if there will be one in the new one in South Shore plaza - I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i miss my berry! most addictive thing ever - blackberry messenger. so much better than gchat or text messages!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow what an amazing looking tapas experience. and in Nordstrom's? That's crazy! I especially love the look of the lettuce wraps, and the sweet potato fries! YUMMMMM

    ReplyDelete