Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sometimes Your Words Just Hypnotize Me

I don't know what it is but lately I've been hearing so many flashback to middle school songs. It also started when Eric and I heard "Longview" by Green Day in the car and were reminiscing about how we had the CD and loved it in middle school. Later the same day I heard "Champagne Supernova" by Oasis which reminds me of basically the exact same time period. THEN, this morning on the way to Starbucks what comes on but Hypnotize by Notorious B.I.G.? Is this some kind of clue that I have re-entered 1996? I totally love that about music, it can bring you back :) Not that I honestly have any desire to go back to 1996, though I did love middle school more than the average person.


Anyway, it's officially summer in Kelly land (though officially that's not til tomorrow) and Eric and I decided to stay home this weekend to be productive. Fail #1. Instead we headed up to Gloucester to Eric's friend's boat for about 10 hours in the sun. Fail #2. It was fun though. Success #1. I also did not get sea sick. Success #2. Until I was lying in my bed at home. Fail #3 (but I believe that's called land sickness not sea sickness haha).




DSC04362.JPG


I found my happy place at the front of the boat. There is just something about a speeding boat, wind straight in your face (occasional splash of water) that just has to make you happy.


DSC04366.JPG


Yeah, kinda wish I did not have those sunglasses on all day- my tan lines are interesting today. Oh well.


Anyway, I'm overwhelmed by things to do today so I'm going to keep this short, but before I go I have to say...


Happy Father's Day!!!




DSC00627.JPG


That's the fam, minus Jake (don't know where he was?) in front of Blarney Castle I think :)


I hope everyone has a great Dad's day!



11 comments:

  1. I was in Gloucester yesterday too. But lucky you...I didn't get to enjoy a day on a boat. I went to the beach and grabbed dinner in Rocky Neck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, your comment totally made me laugh yesterday. DON'T come to Phoenix this time of year! Any time after November and you are golden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That song totally reminds me of high school. "Biggie, biggie, biggie, can't you see"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omigoodness your mom looks so young! For a minute I thought you had another sister I didn't know about!!!

    I LOVE boating! I would say going boating is totally productive and totally a SUCCESS :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, your mom does look young! I bet you'll age well like she has!!

    Thanks for sharing pics. It is wnoderful to feel the wind rushing by & the occasional splash of water on a hot summer day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fun day!!! Is that Chrissy R. next to you on the boat? We went to high school and played soccer together :) Small world!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are flashbacks to high school for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVED Oasis!! And I still blare that song (Champagne Supernova) whenever I hear it :)

    I would love to be on a boat right now, or any time. So fun! I love the water.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Green Day takes me back EVERY time, especially "Good Riddance"

    Looks like a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's nothing wrong with skipping productivity in exchange for a nice day on a boat. Don't regret it - embrace it (funny tan lines and all)!

    ReplyDelete