Monday, May 7, 2018

Weekend and Week Ahead, May 7 2018

The weather is PERFECTION right now. It doesn't happen often so I have to document it.

If you were on the edge of your seat wondering how work went last week- the answer is good. The logistics were a little crazy, as I find is the case for any "working parents" (or maybe that's just me). But, it was a lot of fun to do something different with my day and get to see all my work friends. It gave me a pretty accurate picture of what the adjustment is going to look like in September, and I'd say it's going to be big but I will get used to it... probably by October ha ha. 

Also, I had that lovely feeling by the weekend that I was excited for it to come and really deserved to relax, which was a nice feeling! We had a great weekend. Friday, we celebrated my sister in law becoming a citizen :) Saturday, a quick walk/run in the morning, a party at Max's school, some relaxing during nap time and then a trip into Boston to ride the merry go round and eat in the North End at Pellinos. We stumbled upon this restaurant last time we were there and they were SO nice in there. Plus the food is good. 






Sunday, we mostly just got house stuff done and then we got to go on a date at Gustazos, a Cuban restaurant. I have no idea if it's authentic Cuban food, but if it is- I need to go to Cuba because it is SO good. 


Last week my goals were to do 3 workouts (I did 4, woo), read more (check- I read the book The Dry by Jane Harper, perfect for reminding me to read because it's hard to put down) and to eat less chips (I did eat less chips but I ate more desserts so...)

Early last week I also listened to the audiobook I Know How She Does It by Laura Vanderkam. She talks a lot about planning for the things you want to do first, making sure those things happen and then filling in the chores etc during the extra time left, instead of the other way around. I did that last week and I hope to continue that going forward. Also being interested in a book helps me be on Facebook less, which is important. 

This week I'm aiming for 4 workouts (2 strength, 2 walks or walk/runs), continue reading a lot and make a list of things I want to do this spring/summer and also a shorter list of activities to do with the boys on Wednesdays when I have them both home but no regular activities scheduled. I'll share those lists later this week. I'd also love if Jack would sleep a little better this week but I suppose I can't control that...

What do you have on tap for this week? Are you having beautiful weather where you are? 


3 comments:

  1. Way to go on the workouts!!! The idea of planning what you want to do and then filling in the chores is something I've been doing for a while now. I hadn't really thought about it until this moment but I read that and thought, oh that's what I do! I'll get the bathrooms cleaned and the floors vacuumed every other weekend and depending on what I have going on it might happen different days. It's worked really well! Congratulations to your SIL, that's awesome!!!! As a quick note, I know you mentioned you had fixed a photo issue previously but there are boxes with a circle through them and no pictures :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should read that book. It sounds interesting. I haven’t done the best job of getting other things done lately. I could be more productive during Paul’s naps but i never know how long he is going to sleep. But I might just need to accept that this isn’t a phase of life where I will do much besides care for him - at least during the week when Phil is at work. On the weekends I can be more productive. I’ve been trying to make some new recipes on the weekend when Phil is home, though. This past weekend I made a delicious chicken cashew stir fry that was sooo good. So I guess that counts as an accomplishment. I just need to be better about making time to clean our bathrooms on the weekend. I hate this chore so will often put it off (Phil vacuums the house and I clean the bathrooms so we do divide the cleaning...).

    Nice work on fitting in your workouts! I did great with workouts the last 3 weeks and now this stupid pulled glute muscle is side tracking me. But there are only 3 strength training workouts per week in this program I am doing so hopefully I can cram them into the latter part of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm super late commenting on this but we have been having AMAZING weather in May as well. It literally jumped straight to summer as we had snow up until the middle of April. So crazy but I will not complain! Good job fitting in your workouts! I have not been good at that at all since being on holidays the last week!

    ReplyDelete