Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Happy Mother's Day 2018

Sunday was Mother's Day :) We had a good day and I was reminded, as I often am, how much happier Sundays are when they are busy and filled with plans instead of another day of getting things done and worrying about the week ahead. Yes, I still have the Sunday blues even though I "stay home" these days. In the morning we visited Eric's mom and his Nana. His Nana cracks me up- when we came in she's like "its not my birthday for another month! Oh yea, Mother's Day!" She's almost 93 and she really loves birthdays! (Maybe others more than her own)

In the afternoon we had lunch-dinner with my family and then went over to my parents after lunch for some photos and hanging out. Caroline got a lot of good ones!




This is my new favorite picture of me and Max. I can't believe that soon he will be too big for me to pick up! I actually really love his age now- though I've been known to say that a lot about different ages with him, so hopefully even more fun is yet to come!






I showed you guys on Friday the cards we (and I really mean WE) made for Eric's grandmothers. I also did little books (I think they were $15 each) for Eric's mom and my mom from Max and Jack. The books are from Pinhole Press and have space for 10 photos. Then, inside there are lots of prompts. Max is at a perfect age for this activity because a lot of his answers are funny, or just will be fun to look back on in a few years. I think this is something I'll probably do for the next few years- and soon Jack will be able to answer himself, this year I just made up his answers ;)





This week ends with my cousins wedding on Friday, but in the meantime I have a lot of little "to dos." I want to continue my 4 weekly workouts (two walk/runs and two lifting sessions) and this week I need to read A LOT. I'm finally into my book and I have about 4 that came to my Kindle from the library, so I need to prioritize reading for a few weeks. I'm also hoping to finalize my summer bucket list and post about it as well. If you missed it, Caroline and I discussed bucket lists on our podcast last week.

What have you got on the agenda this week?

3 comments:

  1. Oh man I had a long comment and then it just disappeared! Those books you made are awesome. You are so lucky to have a professional photographer in the family. I love the pics she took!

    This is a busy week for us. I had book club on Monday. On Friday I have a girls night with college friends. Saturday is our anniversary and we are going out to dinner at my fave restaurant I am more anxious than excited for our first date since Paul has such awful stranger danger right now. :/ But hopefully it goes better than I think it will. Then on Sunday we are hosting Phil’s family for a bbq. None of them could make it to the baptism due to the snow storm so this is a ‘meet Paul’ slash early 75th bday celebration for his mom as her bday is later this month.

    I prefer weeks with no plans these days since Paul’s schedule is so unpredictable. But when he naps at a predictable time I will go back to enjoying having plans. I think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad y'all had a good Mother's Day!!! Love the pictures with your guys!!! Those books are the cutest!!! I'll have to remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those books turned out SO cute! You told me about them but I don't think I actually got to see them. Such a great Mother's Day gift!!

    ReplyDelete