Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thankful for Family

I hope everyone who celebrates had a great Thanksgiving weekend, or just a good weekend in general :) I have really enjoyed the past few weeks where I have blogged about the many things I am thankful for. I could easily do it for another month but with Thanksgiving behind us, I think I will finish up today with the number 1 thing that I am thankful for. My family. This includes my little-family, aka Eric and me, as well as my Mom, Dad, sister, brother, and all of Eric's family. I am very lucky to have all nine of these people constantly supporting me and making my life much more fun.





This weekend was a 4 1/2 day weekend for us so we had a lot of time for fun with family and friends. We started the weekend with an impromptu party with Eric's friends. My one condition of having the party was that Eric had to clean up for it and I came home on Wednesday to a sparkling clean house. I swear Eric has speed-ability when he really wants to get things done. I think it's the multi-tasker in me that always makes things take way longer than they should! We also made it look like we planned to have people over all along with our party snacks. I was baking brownies when I took this picture. Just call me impromptu party extraordinaire.



IMG_1675.JPG



As always at my own get-togethers, I failed to take many pictures but I did capture this keeper of Eric and his friend Brian.





IMG_1687.JPG

Fun facts about Brian: He is 31 and still drinks Keystone Light. Brian is partially responsible for Eric and my meeting + dating. Brian married us!



Thanksgiving Day was spent at Eric's parent's house. This is year 2 of us doing Thanksgiving at one house and Christmas at another and I continue to love the ease and lack of stress involved. There is something to be said for trying every ridiculous plan before getting married and then finally having a good plan once you do! Oh, and something else to be said for not hating each other at end of every holiday. I mean, what?





IMG_1693.JPG

Fun facts about Libby the dog: She knows how to give hugs (see above). She is the first Poodle I have known without the ridiculous Poodle hair cut. When she goes for a "walk" she jumps the vast majority of the time.



IMG_1707.JPGFun facts about Nana: She loves my used Vera Bradley bags. She (usually) refuses to smile for pictures. She gets mad at Eric if he does not smile in a picture.





IMG_1715.JPG

A lovely brothers + cousin shot. Take note of Mike's new tattoo of Dribble.



Friday was spent at my parents house where I seriously failed to take pictures, except this ridiculous one of Caroline, Jake and Eric. Oops.





IMG_1727.JPG



Saturday we said goodbye to Thanksgiving and got into the Christmas mode. Both families got together to get some Christmas trees.





IMG_1730.JPG





IMG_1735.JPG







IMG_1738.JPG





IMG_1740.JPG



Once the tree was safely in the house, I went into Boston for dinner with my family. Japanese food is always so eventful!



IMG_1743.JPG



Then we all joined back together for a big game of Liars Poker, which I now declare the only form of Poker I like. Not sure if this was a made up game or not, but it was fun nonetheless.



IMG_1744.JPG



The weekend ended today with my mom's fabulous brunch starring my favorite apple french toast.



IMG_1745.JPG



The rest of the day was spent in super productivity mode. I crossed all but one item off my to do list, which is great because I have a super busy week ahead. I still have grand plans to blog though, so let's hope I do!

How was your weekend? What was the best thing you did?

6 comments:

  1. Aww that looks like such a fun weekend! Posts like this do make me miss living close to our families because we only get to participate in fun stuff like this once a year!

    I wish the Thanksgiving/Christmas thing would work for us but we rarely go home for Canadian Thanksgiving. The last two years Eric's sister has been gone with the kids so his parents have come to my mom's on Christmas. This year his sister is around again so we're both spending Christmas eve with his family, then Christmas morning/early afternoon we'll be separate with our respective families and then Christmas day night he'll come in and spend it with my family for dinner. Maybe weird we're doing "separate" holidays after being together for so long but I figure we live together and see one another all the time and we do NOT see our families all the time so this works best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah I've never seen jake make a face like that! quality photo.

    you're lucky to love both sides of your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving, Kelly!
    Your friend Brian looks like JAson the Bachelor, who married Molly (at least in that picture he does). Cutie!
    The best part of my Thanksgiving was definitely being with family, like you said. I actually enjoyed my FIRST Thanksgiving with Nick this year! Can you believe it?! His mom came too, we went to my parent's house. We laughed a lot, and enjoyed some amazing food and memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fabulous weekend! Mine was great as well. Good good, great weather, and lots of family time! I had a great time hosting on Friday night. Then on Saturday we went to the Muppets. I might have liked it more than my nephews. It was cheesy, but really cute in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you had a great weekend! Mine was really nice as well. Once I got over being grumpy on Thanksgiving day with the mean comments about my hubby, I actually enjoyed myself the rest of the weekend. We decorated the house for Christmas and that always puts me in a happy mood!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like an amazing weekend - so glad you got to enjoy all the good things over your Thanksgiving - friends, family, fun, food, etc!

    ReplyDelete