Thursday, April 30, 2009

"Breakfast for Lunch"

When I was in elementary school we had a day every few weeks that the cafeteria served "Breakfast for Lunch." I don't remember what they actually served (french toast? pancakes?) but I remember loving it. I still absolutely love breakfast food. Tonight in the spirit of "Breakfast for Lunch" I decided to have breakfast for dinner! One of my breakfast items was an English muffin with almond butter. I became a fan of almond butter a bit over a year ago. I discovered it like I found basically all my food choices- trying to find something my stomach actually likes. I've always been a massive peanut butter fan and almond butter is definitely a fun and yummy change. I usually buy it at Whole Foods, but I got a free sample of a different kind of almond butter called Barneys. It's yummy and it comes in nice 90 calorie packets so it's really easy to take it anywhere and watch your portions.

If you are interested in trying almond butter, you can go to the website and look up the retail locations near you, or order it online. A few weeks ago they were offering free samples, so maybe they will again soon. Yum. http://www.barneybutter.com/

Today was supposed to be my swimming day but it did not work out schedule wise. I was supposed to get up at 5 and go to the pool, but I was exhausted because I could not sleep last night. By the time I was done with work and tutoring, there was no more lap swim at the Y. So I decided to go biking instead. I took a bike ride to the center because I needed to go the bank and the library. When I came out of the library I had a backpack stuffed with kids books and it suddenly looked like it was going to start pouring at any minute. Needless to say, I biked home a LOT faster. Oddly, I don't think it ever started raining so maybe that was just God's way of telling me I am a really slow biker and I need to pick it up!

1 comment:

  1. aw you're too sweet :) you're always welcome for dinner if you're ever in bloomington!!! lol

    ReplyDelete