I'm usually not a big fan of March, but it's amazing what not working will do for a month. Ha. I'm definitely ready to get some better weather this month though!
Highlights of March 2014:
Hanging out with an adorable baby.
Getting back into exercise. I completed 4 successful weeks of the Couch to 5K (only running 2 days a week, not 3). I attended yoga every Friday and tried both Pilates and Barre classes. I took lots of walks and of course, I did not abandon my ever favorite, swimming. I was even able to do some speed work in swimming, which felt so good to do again. I can't wait until I can return to my favorite pond, hopefully in May?
Seeing friends. It was a good month for seeing friends. My college roommate came to visit at the beginning of the month. I visited Katie and Teddy one Sunday afternoon. I went out to lunch with some college friends and was visited by others. A high school friend who lives in DC at the moment came home and got to meet Max. I went to a birthday party and got to see work friends I've been missing. I can't complain overall!
Ironically, I did not take a single picture of myself with these friends, but I did take some of Max (of course). I need to work on that in April. Maybe I just need to work on taking pictures of ANYTHING other than Max, lol.
More reading. This month I read 5 books. I did not LOVE any of them. The tie for my favorite would be Conspiracy of Silence and Viola in Reel Life. I really wanted to love The Thirteenth Tale but I just could not get myself into it.
Rules of Civility by Amor Towls
Conspiracy of Silence by Martha Powers.
The Spellman Files by Lisa Lutz
Viola in Reel Life by Adriana Trigiani
The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield (technically I finished this on April 1st at 4am, counting it as March ha ha)
I'm ready to try out some goals again this month. Technically I go back to work in April, but I think I only work like 3 days of this month so hopefully I can handle a few goals. Of course, if they don't happen, no big deal :) That's kind of my theory on daily goals right now too!
1. Organize and simplify. Specifically, put away Max's winter and newborn clothes. Donate two bags of my clothing. Bring some of Max's things to the Cape, especially blankets, a few books and toys.
2. Attend at least 4 yoga or pilates classes. I only have 1 more week of my yoga class, so I want to make sure I keep it all up. I can't aim too high though :)
3. Run 2 Miles. I am still at the walk/run part of the Couch to 5K but I think there will be some continuous running soon. I'd like to do a Sprint Tri in May that requires running 2.3 miles after swimming and biking, so I need to be at 2 miles this month. Let's not discuss actually getting on a bike… I'm still so scared to do that.
4. Try a new restaurant. Because the most peaceful eating I get these days is in restaurants. Hopefully Max's delightful restaurant behavior continues another month!
5. Be in the photos. As noted above, I was not in many (if any) photos this month. I want to make sure when I look back on this time I don't wonder if I was actually there, lol.
What's on tap for you in April?