Friday, January 1, 2010

New Years Eve Recap & January Goals

Happy New Year! Did everyone have a nice New Years Eve? I love to do something fun on New Years, but I am not into the whole pay $100 to go to a bar thing. In high school/early college I used to hate New Years because my high school friends are not a "group" at all, so I never knew who to hang out with! I had some fun New Years Eve's but it was always stress leading up to it.

When Eric and I started dating, we decided to avoid all the drama and just go to the Cape. We had an awesome time! This year was our 5th time coming to the Cape, and since then we've had a few friends and my sister join us. This year it was 8 of us. We always go to this AMAZING restaurant and then come back to the house to just hang out and ring in the new year!

I ordered a broiled scrod with baked potato and carrots. It was delicious but my stomach was unhappy with the amount of butter it was cooked in.


When will restaurants join the healthy living bandwagon?

Anyway, we got dressed up all pretty for a little bit...



And made some fancy drinks...


I made myself my new favorite drink, a Peppermint Cosmo!
A shot of POM juice + a shot of vodka + a tiny TINY pinch of peppermint extract = greatness.

Katie and I relieved our sophomore year of college by making everyone play a game of "Never Have I Ever..." You always find out so many hilarious things about people playing this game, and remember so many ridiculous stories in your own life. Good times.


Unfortunately, it's supposed to snow all weekend (why do I live here again?) so we are going to head home later tonight. I'm glad we still have a weekend left before vacation is over, but it's sad to get back into the real world. On that note, time for my January goals:

1. Workout on the Elliptical for 2 hours per week for the Elliptical Challenge.

2. Strength train 3 times per week (I am taking a weight training class all of January and February, woo!)

3. Read 4 books this month.

4. Go ice skating 4 times.

5. Implement Bill Paying Thursday, Take 2- spend 15-20 minutes every Thursday managing accounts + paying bills! Just for the record, this goal is so that I will not stress about it any other day of the week, not so I actually pay bills on time- I do that already I promise :)

I hope everyone is feeling great today (but if you are not, just think- it can only go up from here in 2010!). Do you have any January goals?


13 comments:

  1. Your top is super cute!!! Yay! I am ready for 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Bill paying Thursday sounds fun ;)

    I don't know if I'll be implementing that, but so far it looks like for January it will just be the no-sugar challenge for me!

    Btw - LOVE your top! Such cute glitters :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great New Years! Playing "I have never" can be trouble too!

    I usually pay bills and update my budget sunday after I do my grocery shopping.

    GOals for january? I think my goal is to take it easy with running, but incorporating more strength training, yoga, and bodypump...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I posted about some goals too. I also want to strength train 3 times a week. I bet your class will be cool and that is a great way to stick with that goal. I love having a fresh start and making goals to get healthier!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like such a fun NYE! I love your sparkly top!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year! I loved playing never have I ever in college- so fun! I haven't written down my goals for January yet- I should probably get on that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hubba hubba - you look so gorgeous, girl! Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your top! You look so cute :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look super-cute! and the peppermint cosmo sounds fab. good luck with the goals! --liz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the top Kelly! My goals for January are to get back to running in a way that jives with my back! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh no! i'm sad to hear it continues to snow - I'm hoping to catch my flight soon and hope the weather doesn't stop us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you had a good NYE! You look great in that sparkly shirt :)

    Love your goals. I like the ice skating goal. I'd love to ice skate 4 times this year! Maybe I could actually learn to be somewhat decent at it.

    Happy New year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look beautiful. I wish I could style my curly hair like you do.
    I'm sorry your dinner had so much butter in it. I hate that!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete