Thursday, November 7, 2013

Gratitude, Take 1

Thank you for the many positive comments on my grumpy post the other night. I think because I read so much about teaching when I first began, I just assumed I'd want to do the same for pregnancy/parenting, but I just haven't found the selection to be nearly as much up my alley! Perhaps I am going to find more of my information online and through word of mouth and that is okay. Hopefully work will start to ease up on the stress and that will help my mood as well. I was supposed to be done with conferences yesterday but I had a cancellation and a no show, so who knows when I will be done now. Sigh. I'm choosing not to think about it as much as possible. 

 

Nilsa and Lisa did the 30 Days of Gratitude last month, and I really enjoyed reading their posts. I decided to play along this month in preparation for Thanksgiving at the end of the month. Plus, clearly I need to do some appreciating for all the many great things I have right now. 

 

Day 1: I'm most grateful for my ability to find wonderful friends. 

Day 2: In this moment, the thing I love most about my family is how much fun I have when I am with them, from my immediate family (aka Eric… and hopefully future baby haha) to larger family of our parents and siblings. I also love how much they support me in everything I do. 

Day 3: Something that made me smile today was Eric running a 5K and crossing the finish line looking strong :) 

Day 4: The best thing I smelled today probably one of the few pieces of Halloween candy I enjoyed… Milky Way Caramel, anyone? 

Day 5: One of the memories I am most grateful for is all of my trips with Eric. 

Day 6: Thank goodness someone taught me how to swim. I don't know what I would do without it these days! 

Day 7: The strongest part of my body at this moment is most of it! My hips, legs and feet for holding up this giant tummy. My arms for compensating for my least strong body part, which is my abs.  My body is doing a lot these days and I'm grateful for it. 

 

What are you thankful for this week? 

5 comments:

  1. Yay for being grateful :) I sat in bed Tuesday night after an awful two days and was like "OKAY what am I grateful for??" haha I'm grateful for the ability and resources to follow my photography dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots to be thankful for -- especially that body of yours that is doing the most amazing thing ever right now! I am definitely really thankful for my work these days. I am working my butt off but absolutely loving it and thriving on it 95% of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! I am planning on starting this, too, for Thanksgiving. I'm excited about it! :)

    Today, I am grateful for my pup! It sounds silly maybe, but he just makes me really, really happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking forward to reading your response to these prompts! It was so good for me last month. I will be doing my 10 days of Thanksgiving post series this month, too, so the spirit of thanksgiving will hopefully continue for me!

    Today I am thankful for the fun weekend with my family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been fun to read what everyone has to say for these. I may have to do them as well!

    Today I'm grateful for my family and supportive friends.
    And I'm glad that Jack made me smile this morning when we opted to cuddle with me for a few hours =)

    ReplyDelete