Monday, November 11, 2013

Baby Shower

The perfect solution to my grumpiness of last week? How about… a 3 day weekend, 2 college roommates coming to visit, 1 baby shower for a super spoiled not-yet-born baby and his super lucky parents? Yup, it worked like a charm. 

I started the weekend by picking up my college roommate Ashley from the airport and visiting one of my favorite North End Italian restaurants, Trattoria Il Panino, followed by a delicious chocolate cannoli from Modern Pastry. There is really no better way to start a weekend and celebrate the end of parent/teacher conferences than that. 

On Saturday, it was baby shower time! I have to admit, I was a little nervous about the whole baby shower thing. I didn't have a bridal shower, so I kept having dreams last week that I got presents and I didn't know what they were, or it took me like 17 hours to open presents and everyone was yawning. Ha. Luckily, none of this actually happened. My family and friends gave Eric, the baby and I the perfect shower. I was able to recruit my cousin, Eric's cousin and my friend's kids to help me open presents so there wasn't as much focus on me and I could move through it a bit quicker! Sorry in advance, but I had a hard time choosing between the many wonderful photos all taken by Caroline, of course. 

Kellys Baby Shower 1  1

My best friend Katie put together the adorable centerpieces. 

Kellys Baby Shower 2

My mom and Eric's mom made this amazing diaper cake! It's filled with lots of our favorite things, and at the top is a blue Snuggles. Snuggles is a bear that my aunt gave me when I was 1, and I proceeded to sleep with for the next 18 years of my life. The original Snuggles was lost during a weekend trip in college (yes, I still brought him everywhere at this point, probably a sign that he was lost…), but I still have many different colors and sizes of Snuggles around to this day. He is my go-to present for all my friend's babies and I am sure my son is going to have more Snuggles than he knows what to do with! 

Kellys Baby Shower 6

I decided to embrace the boy and wear blue instead of pink, but don't you worry- I totally have this same dress (in non-maternity) in pink. Ha. 

Kellys Baby Shower 21

Kellys Baby Shower 28

The biggest surprise of the day was a present from Lisa, Amber and Anais. I cannot wait to dress the baby in this because it is so true, hahaha. They are such wonderful friends to send me presents to open before and during my shower!

Kellys Baby Shower 30

The best part of the day was really all the love, and not all the gifts, but there were many great gifts as well. I tried to be very picky about what I actually registered for. By that I mean, I did not visit a store at all where I knew they would just try to convince me I need a lot of crap I don't. I did a lot of research on what I need and don't need, and got a lot of advice from friends. I'm not saying I was a minimalist by any means, but I tried not to go crazy. I was rewarded by the fact that we got almost everything on our registry, yay! We also got two beautiful blankets- one knitted by Eric's grandmother and the other made by Eric's mom's friend and it's a BC blanket. Speaking of BC, my BC friends got me an amazing toy chest which I didn't even know I needed but seriously helped in the organizing process! Two of my friends from high school got me a spa gift card which I plan to use when things get even more uncomfortable either for a prenatal massage or a mani/pedi when I can no longer see my toes. Yikes. 

Kellys Baby Shower 36Kellys Baby Shower 37Kellys Baby Shower 42

It was a great day. I always feel so very loved after events like this but I think this is a very special feeling because it is so clear just how much this baby will be loved too, and what is better than that? 

I spend the rest of the weekend relaxing, doing yoga and organizing all the presents. We seriously have almost everything we need now, and I've organized all of it, believe it or not. That doesn't mean there is not still a ton to do, but the more productive I am, the better I feel about it all :) 

I hope you had a great weekend too! 

9 comments:

  1. What a great day! Love that onesie and that diaper cake is AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you had such a great shower and felt surrounded by love! I love that your registered at Amazon! I haven't seen anyone do that before, but I think it's awesome - especially since you still have the option to buy the gift elsewhere but then mark it as bought. Very cool. I am glad you liked the onesie. We thought it was so funny/cute and perfect for a blogger like you. :) That is great that you got pretty much everything off of your registry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic shower!! And that onesie is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like such a wonderful shower! Love the onesie that the girls bought you too :) I felt the same way about my bridal shower...I hate being the centre of attention and dreaded opening presents in front of others in fear that I'd bore them

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you had such a wonderful baby shower!! You are so lucky to have a photographer for a sister -- look at all these amazing photos you will have for years to come and to show your kiddo's (yup, plural, hahaha) one day!!

    I'm glad you love the onesie. Can't wait to see the little guy wearing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This whole post put a huge smile on my face :) It looked like an absolutely amazing baby shower and I can totally feel all the love through the screen!!! Guess a trip to Boston will have to be in the works ;) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous décor and the cakes (both the one to eat + the diaper cake) are amazing. Glad you had so much fun and could feel the love. If you don't mind, email me your address? I have a little STL love to send your baby boy's way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! Glad you got a snuggles! Grace loves hers. We call is Pink Beary. That diaper cake is amazing and I love your blue dress! I am just now delving back into the fun world of maternity clothes..I'm at the point where my pants don't zip all the way, yet maternity stuff is too big, especially because the stuff I have was stretched to full capacity when I last wore it.

    ReplyDelete