Monday, March 21, 2011

Looks Like Somebody Has a Case of the Mondays

It's Monday again... why does that always happen? This Monday is particularly fun because our heat broke and obviously it cost a billion dollars to fix. Okay maybe not a billion... but a lot. Oh adulthood, how fun you are sometimes.


Sometimes you just need some YOGA. My new On Demand obsession? The 10 Pound Yoga Slimdown. Ignore the 10 Pound aspect, you'll need to do the other exercise dvds (upper body, lower body, total body blast and core) and probably eat very differently to actually lose 10 pounds. But it's a nice 20 minute yoga video for those days when you really don't feel like working out but can probably manage 20 minutes.


DSC08058.JPG


I'm usually a big supporter of the Yoga Sculpt video on On Demand but sometimes it's fun to change it up and be 10 minutes shorter. I was originally drawn to this because it was under the Top Videos of 2010. Sure popularity isn't always right, but it's worth a try.


To access the video, I went to Free --> Home and Leisure --> Exercise TV --> Most Popular 2010. If you have a different cable provider it might be different but I find they all have similar video choices.


Overall I really like this video. It includes a lot of my favorite poses including pigeon in only 20 minutes! It does have some awkward transitions I'm not used to like going straight into Warrior 2 without doing Warrior 1 first and going straight from lunges into chair, but it was actually kind of fun to change it up and have to pay attention to what she was saying. It's not shockingly difficult but you do a lot of lunges and tons of good stretching so it might actually be a nice warm up or cool down for a run. Let me know if you try it :)


In other news, some recent events I haven't had a chance to write about.


#1- Erin's Birthday Celebration last week at Eric's parents house...


DSC08061.JPG


DSC08063.JPG


Cake = delicious.


#2- St. Patrick's Day parade...




DSC08120.JPG


DSC08118.JPG


Don't worry I really did have green on, I swear.


DSC08122.JPG


On my way back home I ran into the anti-parade filled with the people who were rejected from the original parade. I hate the idea of not being inclusive (it's the kindergarten teacher in me) so I officially declare the anti-parade better than the regular one...


DSC08125.JPG


Must get to bed soon. I still have not adjusted to this time change and I've been exhausted every week day since spring forward. Wah.



8 comments:

  1. I don't have cable and even when I did I didn't have ON-DEMAND cable. It's like a gazillion dollars a month up here. OK, maybe not that much, but you know ;)

    Oooh you were festive on St. Patty's day. We painted OVER the green bathroom paint on St. Patty's day so I guess that's not really festive is it?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i REALLY wanted to go to the st. pattys day parade. but i couldn't because i had to drive home. boo. boston should think about making the parade on saturday. just for me.

    i did drink a lot of guiness over the weekend though to make up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need some yoga in my life. I'm going to go work on that...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have cable, but I can not figure out how to get on demand to work? So weird. I think maybe I need a new cable box or remote...

    That's awesome that you went to a St Patty's Dady Parade! The holiday came and went in my world w/ no pomp & circumstance!

    That sucks about your heat... sometimes being a home owner sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's with rejecting people from a parade?? Looks like a fun weekend.

    Ugh, Monday... at least today is Tuesday but it's not feeling much better so far. Thursday? Friday? Yoohoo, where ARE you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly, I love that you are so prolific in your blogs! It's like reading an online magazine, with your photos and how you write. Amazing!
    Lesley ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. An anti-parade? Do you mean they were told they couldn't march in the regular one? That's horrible!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that ON-Demand yoga series! I do the slim-down or yoga sculpt about 3-4 times a month (or at least I try to). I will have to check out the "most popular picks" next time. There are a couple instructors I really can't stand!

    So nice of you to declare the anti-parade the better parade. I think you're right, it's wrong to exclude people. In fact, I can't believe they do an anti-parade. I've never heard of such a thing!

    ReplyDelete