Monday, May 21, 2018

Summer Bucket List 2018 and First Wedding of the Year!

Last week on the podcast, Caroline and I discussed "summer bucket lists"- why we make them, and a few things on our list for this year. My two main reasons for making a bucket list are:
1. So I will actually do fun stuff
2. So I will not ask the question every day, "what should we do today?" 
I am not the type of person who has to cross everything off, it's more like a list of things that would be fun to do and hopefully I'll get to ask many as possible.

So here it is!

Summer Bucket List 2018

Go to a Red Sox Game
Read "Make Way for Ducklings," then go see the ducklings and ride the swan boats
Davis Farmland
Strawberry Picking
Enjoy a CSA- already signed up!
Swim- in the ocean, in Walden Pond, in a lake
Go to a concert- not sure if this will be an outdoor concert with kids, or a nighttime one
Stay at a hotel
Run before the kids wake up
Visit Barnstable Brewing Company
Read a book that takes place at the beach
Visit Titcomb Books on 6A
Roast marshmallows with Max
Visit a splash park
Go on an all-outdoor date
Eat at Riverview Cafe in Sandwich (visit Jam Kitchen, fish hatchery or Heritage Gardens at the same time)
Walk out to the beach at Brewster Natural History Museum
Ice Cube Painting Outside
See an author speak

I'll also try to avoid an epic August breakdown, but that's probably not likely since I usually have one after just a few months off!

Technically it's a few more days until Memorial Day but this past weekend felt summer-esque, beginning with a fun day trip on Thursday to see my friends Alli and Chris and their super cute baby Aaron.


We met up in Newburyport, which is a super cute North Shore town. I've spent some time in Newburyport on Plum Island but I didn't even realize I don't think I had ever been to the downtown area. I will definitely be back with Eric and both kids!
Friday was my cousin's wedding. They had a BEAUTIFUL night, and gorgeous sunset. It was also fun to see the whole family and do some dancing. But I am definitely old because after a few beers and staying up waayyy past my bedtime on Saturday I was feeling blah, ha ha. Luckily kids make you move anyway, so we went over to Eric's parents to pick up the boys and go out to a hibachi restaurant. The food was just okay but the entertainment for both boys was definitely worth it, ha ha.



Sunday was spent playing with our new water table and having neighborhood friends over for dinner. All in all a good weekend.

I'm in a good workout grove right now, so I'd like to keep that up this week. I also have to keep up my reading because I have several books from the library right now. I noticed I haven't been reading to the boys as much because we've been outside a lot (they always get books at bedtime so it's not that it's none, just less). I'm going to try to fit in a couple of extra books a day with Jack- it only takes about 1 minute to read him a book, so it's still doable even with a lot of outside time. I also want to plan a few fun things to do on the upcoming long weekend- it looks like we are going to get a lot of rain so I don't want to sit around and sulk, ha ha.

How was your weekend? 









3 comments:

  1. I started a comment and then my phone froze. Ughhh! Your weekend sounded full but fun. So great that you had a fun family wedding to attend. Those are the best! We had a full weekend, too. On Friday I had a girls night with college friends. I was home by 8:30 which is my kind of night!! Saturday was our anniversary. We went to see a house that is coming on the market but it wasn’t the right house for us. Then that night we went to dinner at our fave restaurant. Paul did well for my friend and only screamed for a little bit. Sunday we had Phil’s family over for a BBQ so they could meet Paul and celebrate my MIL’s bday. In hindsight that weekend was a little too busy but oh well. We have very little planned this coming weekend and have no plans this week besides going into my and Phil’s offices with Paul so they can meet him.

    I haven’t made a bucket list but should. I love bucket lists. I also don’t pressure myself to do everything but I like making a list because I end up doing more than I would have if I hadn’t made the list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been debating on whether or not to make a bucket list. I basically have a notebook that I've gone through and put all the days of summer and used local calendars to put what we CAN do on it. And we've already discussed major things that we want to do, so in theory I could make the list to make the list. But I think we are good ha. Camping, kayaking, live music, boat rides, and summer library program are some of our highlights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am super late commenting on this but I am glad that you had such an awesome weekend a few weeks ago. I really really love your dress you wore to the wedding!!

    ReplyDelete