Friday, May 11, 2018

Small Moments, Week of May 11th

Thanks to everyone who told me my photos weren't working in the last couple of posts. It's because I was trying to take the easy way and cut and paste from Google Photos. Sadly, that was showing up for me but no one else. Hopefully they are working now that I'm downloading them first. Let me know if that's not the case! 

It was a pretty good week- BEAUTIFUL weather. I was able to get in my workouts. I have not yet completed my summer bucket list but I'm hoping that will be done by the end of the weekend. For some weird reason I felt like I was playing catch up all this week, but maybe that's just the state of mind I'm destined to live in right now ha ha. 

A few fun small moments this week: 
*After dinner on Thursday nights, Eric's mom likes to take the boys to a ramp and stairs they love to play on. They delight in running up and down it and sometimes when Eric and his brother join, being thrown up and down as well. 

*When I was a kid my Dad traveled a lot for work and he always used to send us postcards from wherever he was. I loved to collect those postcards and credit them (and my Dad in general) for getting me interested in geography and traveling. This Spring my parents have been traveling a lot and now Max is getting the postcards from my Dad. He loves to get mail and hear what they say, and we decided it would be fun to put them up on his wall.

*Our Wednesday adventure this week was the Stoneham Zoo. Both boys enjoyed looking at the animals. Anytime we couldn't see an animal, Max would declare, "that's because it's camouflaged mommy!" Thank you Usborne Secrets of Animal Camouflage Book ;) 


*Multiple trips to the park this week- once to our neighborhood park with friends and also to another local park with friends. It was the perfect weather for playing outside and both boys are at good ages for independent (ish- in Jack's case) play at the park. It's hard to imagine back in the fall when we were visiting parks that Jack couldn't walk yet so it was hard for him to do really anything without me. They have also been loving our swing set in the backyard, which has been so nice to have for shorter outside play times or just meeting up with the neighbors in the after school hours. 

*Mother's Day is on Sunday and I always try to do a card from the boys to their great-grandmothers (Eric's grandmothers), usually I aim to be very low key since they are happy with anything but this year I stupidly decided to consult Pinterest. In my kindergarten class I have firm rules that the kids have to do more work than me when it comes to art projects and this was definitely not the case here. Both boys enjoyed painting with Duplos, but after that I had to do all the printing, cutting, gluing etc. Oh well, at least they turned out cute!




We didn't something small for the grandmothers too, but I'll share that after Mother's Day. We usually see them on Mother's Day so I don't always do something but I found something too cute to pass up this year. Especially because Max is becoming old enough that the things he says are funny :)

How was your week? Any happy moments to share? 

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the pictures!!! So glad that y'all are able to be out and about doing fun things!!! The Mother's Day project turned out super adorable!!! Happy Mother's Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are working! I'm looking forward to hearing what you did the for the moms. Maybe it will give me ideas for future years! I did not get my mom/grandma anything this year but like I said to you, my gift was driving solo with Paul so they could see him. :) I find it so hard to get to the store to buy cards these days so I think I will be slacking on sending actual cards for awhile! Unless I can get my act together and buy a bunch at Target while Phil watches Paul. I just don't enjoy running errands with Paul at this point, unless they can be done on foot, because it's tough to push a cart around with him in it - it takes up so much room!

    Last week was a good week, I think. It's kind of a blur! We had a couple of stellar nights of sleep (9 hours!) followed by several nights of more wake ups than usual. But he's putting on weight more quickly so I probably shouldn't complain about getting up more often. We had a really nice time at my parents. The weather wasn't great but it was nice to have someone else make meals for me and change diapers during the day. Unfortunately Paul is still going through this stage where he only wants to be held by Phil or me. So he cried a lot when my mom tried to hold him but she did take care of him one morning so I could sleep longer. I just turned on the white noise machine on my phone so I couldn't hear him cry (Mother of the year over here...). My mom said he only fussed for awhile and eventually realized he was going to have to just be ok with her taking care of him. I hope that happens on Saturday when my friend watches him. :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh I am just SO loving the nice weather! We are down south now so the weather is even nicer, but even before we left it was really amazing at home. It has just really turned my mood around entirely as it's so nice to be outside after such a longggg winter. Love the picture of your brother in law and Eric tossing the boys back and forth. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete