Monday, February 1, 2010

This Month Will Have...Less Ice Cream

It's officially February, one step closer to spring!
Let's see how I did with those January goals:

1. Elliptical 2 hours per week- Success.

2. Strength train 3 times per week- Success.

3. Read 4 books this month- Almost, I am 50 pages away from finishing the 4th book! I know that's not really "success" except that I still think this is a major success. I rarely make time to pleasure read and I love it! I'm so happy I did it more this month...

4. Go ice skating four times- Oops, major fail. I didn't even go once!

5. Implement Bill Paying Thursday- Success.

I originally was going to make February the month of no goals at all but I decided it's just fitness goals that I need a break from...so here are my other goals:

1. Ice cream will now be limited to 3 times per week in a normal portion size. If I go back to get more, that's another night gone. Cracking down... Other desserts I will enjoy include: banana "ice cream", arnold's sandwich thin with peanut butter and chocolate chips, Chocolate/Vanilla Zensoy Pudding, and oatmeal apple muffins. With all those delicious choices, who needs ice cream? Also, I've been having a lot of trouble eating too much after my lifting class on Monday/Wednesday. I will give myself one of those desserts but then if I go back for more food, that's one ice cream day gone. Boy, this teacher has become STRICT.

2. Write letters/cards. When I was younger I loved to write letters. My friend who lived a town away got a million, and my cousin got another million. Then, I found out you could get penpals you didn't even know (through some magazine thing?) and then I got a million penpals that lived everywhere. Can you tell I was made for blogging? Anyway, now that e-mail is my prime method of communication (only to get worse when I get a Blackberry haha), I'd like to write some real snail mail letters or cards this month. I used my Michael's coupons to buy some supplies for this goal, nothing like supplies you get me motivated...



That's it. I know, 2 goals...not so impressive but let's be honest, cutting back the ice cream AND not snacking a lot after lifting is kind of like 2 goals...but if they are broken, they lead to 1 terrible result (less ice cream). Haha.

What are your goals for the month of February? or...if you don't do the monthly goals, how are you doing with those New Years Resolutions? What were mine again? Just kidding...maybe :)


22 comments:

  1. I'm still pressing on with tying to shed some pounds. Trying to stay focused, since it's already February!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goal this year is a food or wine class each month, so far so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm cracking down on my ice cream consumption too! It's going to be really, really difficult for me.

    Here's to success! We can do it...right? Haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man i need to follow those ice cream rules too....I can't be trusted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to love writing letters and getting fun paper at the stationery store! Sometimes snail mail is so much fun to get!

    Hm, I did rock the elliptical more than I have ever done before so I think that's one goal checked off :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think you did pretty darn well on your January goals! Great job! I like your goals for february. I just had ice cream tonight...whoops! After reading your goals I should really not do that anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. GREAT goals! I just want to keep avoiding late-night snacking in February. I've been drinking tea a lot more all of January and it's worked well to break my habit of nighttime snacking so I want to keep that up! I also want to do more yoga in February. I was doing it like 2-3 times a week when I was home in December and I kinda fell off the bandwagon in January!

    Also, I spent about two hours on Saturday writing out Valentines cards to mail out!! So fun, I need to send snail mail more often!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2 goals > 0 goals!

    I love writing cards to friends. Who doesn't like to receive mail that ISN'T a bill!?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goals are so good, especially when you do a great job of getting them accomplished (I WISH!!) hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll be posting my '30 before 30' list on Friday! One of the things on my list is to spend a piece of snail mail every day. It really makes everyone's day when they get mail unexpectedly, so I think it's a good goal!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ha, I did the penpal thing too and still LOVE writing cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love snail mail! I try to do it whenever I can.

    And I'm hosting a giveaway over on my blog if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great goals Kelly! Yeah, we eat ice cream every night, but it's my homemade ice cream and it's really frozen yogurt. I use less sugar, and it's made with half and half, not cream. We always serve it with frozen berries too!

    Love the writing utensils. I get excited about things like that.

    As for my February goals, Nick and I are going to try not to eat out again this month! We did for our birthdays in January, but we got lucky and our parents paid! muahaha

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's something I'm wanting to do too! Write letters/cards for v-day. Nothing better than getting a hand-written note in the days of email and text messaging!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loveee Michaels. Its been way too long since I've been there

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it.. I am a totoal snail mail advocate and I have reduced my icecream intake in prep for Marathon..

    My goals are going pretty well, some easier than others.. Life gets in the way of the best intentions.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww, my cousin and I were pen pals too...even though we only grew up 15 minutes away from each other.

    4/5 January goals is awesome! And I bet you'll do great on your Feb goals as well. I'm going to continue my January goals throughout this month. Gotta finish "Eat Pray Love"

    ReplyDelete
  18. I simply can't have ice cream in the house... not even "healthy" ice cream. I'll eat the whole tub. *blush* Good for you setting this goal!

    I don't have any official goals set this month, but I'd like to continue incorporating the morning workouts and double/triple days.

    ReplyDelete
  19. OOOH pretty pens! Those will make ya want to write a letter! I'm one of those people too that can't keep icecream in the house. My mind has no idea what a normal portion is when it comes to icecream! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. you did great with your goals!! its ok to not hit every one of them....you can still go ice skating too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oooh, love the glitter pens. Every girl needs some sparkle in her day!

    ReplyDelete