I woke up this morning with great intentions of going to yoga tonight. I knew it was unlikely I'd actually go because my friends were going out for drinks after work, and drinks = no working out. However, after yet another day of sitting in training (2 full days of sitting on my butt in a 7 day span, not cool), I actually wanted nothing to do with drinks and everything to do with yoga. I figured I could have drinks tomorrow night at Timna's wedding and today was for trying to make my body forgive me for making it sit all day long yet again. I went to a yoga to music class at my favorite studio (does that make me sound like a yogi? it's not really my favorite studio, it's more like the only place I actually like yoga). I thought I'd really love the music but to be honest I barely noticed it until the end when we were just lying down. Not to say I didn't like it, I just didn't really notice it. I feel 100 times better after going. I'm serious if you live in Boston/suburbs of Boston, go to Prana. Even if you are not a yoga person, I wasn't either.
In other great news, one of my favorite bloggers Meredith from Balance for MEre gave me a blog award. Meredith is a teacher just like me and she blogs about food, fitness, body image etc. She recently showed a video I think everyone (especially moms, or future moms) should watch about little girls and the beauty industry. Oh and also, Meredith just shared (as part of this award) that she sat in bird poop on her wedding day. Can anyone else see that happened to me?
As part of this award I am supposed to list 7 things about me that you don't know. Since I have some close friends and family that read this blog I'm pretty sure you will know some of these, but here it goes:
1. I am incapable of talking on the phone while sitting down. I have to pace around. If there is anything on the floor I will kick it. My cousin Courtney got me this pink dice pillow a long time that I kicked around my bedroom for YEARS. But I have also been known to kick around scissors (safe, I know), clothes, etc.
2. I stink at turning off the stove and oven. Fortunately I seem to have some kind of ability to know when I am home alone and I do it then. But if Eric is home I tend to just walk away and completely forget about any appliance I had on.
3. When I am in the car and I'm scared another car might hit my car (this happens more often than you'd think) I always grab my seat belt. I used to put my foot up on the dashboard and take it down quickly if I was freaked out. Luckily I've broken that habit, but now I grab my seat belt...like that's going to help!
4. When I was in middle school/high school my friends and I used to give boys food nicknames as a code. Then we could discuss how much we like popcorn and no one would get it...so we thought :)
5. I have seen every episode of Friends more times then you would want to know. When people tell me stories I often find myself comparing the situation to a Friends episode in my head. More often than normal.
6. I have an irrational fear of having annoying children, even if I don't find them annoying but other people do. Or worse, bad kids- like truly bad, not just kindergarten behavior problems but like bad people. That wouldn't happen to me though, right?
7. I love country music and I loved it before everyone else did....well everyone in Boston anyway haha (and yes like everything else I love...football players, uggs and Vera Bradley bags, I did resist it at first haha)
Okay that's enough of me for now. I am supposed to tag 7 people, but I need to get some stuff done and get to bed early so I can be rested up for Timna's wedding tomorrow. I'll tag later :)