Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thankful

I didn't do much of a thankful post this year, but I am definitely thankful for four day weekends. I didn't take any photos on Thanksgiving Day, but I spent it with Caroline, so you can see her blog for way better photos than I would've taken anyways :) 

 

As I mentioned in my last post, my 10 year high school reunion was on Friday night. It was a lot of fun and good to see some old friends I had not seen in a very long time. And some friends I am lucky enough to see all the time...

Scan0012

Of course I stayed up a million years past my bedtime and paid for it in the morning, but I think in some ways I am much tougher than my high school/college self because I got myself up and went on an unplanned day trip with Eric on Saturday. We headed up to York/Ogunquit Maine to check out some possible houses to stay at in the summer with Eric's family. 

 

In between the search, we enjoyed some of the beautiful scenery in Southern Maine. I have to admit that before Eric and my last trip to Ogunquit, I only had a few (but all positive) experiences in Maine and I'm really looking forward to spending a week up there this summer and getting to know it better. It's kind of like a cool mix of Cape Cod and New Hampshire, with it's own unique twist and I am so lucky to live so close to so many beautiful places like this. 

Nubble Lighthouse, York. 

IMG 7555

IMG 7568

 Perkins Cove, Ogunquit

IMG 7596

IMG 7619

We ate dinner at a delicious restaurant in downtown Oguinquit called The Front Porch. Katie recommended it and it did not disappoint. Also, I think we found a house to rent next summer. So, success all around!

Today, it's all about productivity. I'm finishing up Christmas cards and getting some work done for class.

How was your Thanksgiving weekend (if it was Thanksgiving for you!) and what is your favorite place to go on a day trip from your home?  

 

 

 

 

 

3 comments:

  1. I love Maine even though I have only been (that I remember) once for a day. I agree it's a combination of NH and the Cape : ) Love the photos from your HS reunion haha hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found a house to rent, that sounds like it will be a fun vacation next summer! I love that you guys regularly take vacations with both sides of your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you had fun at your reunion! I love the 'prom' style pose! Too funny! And yea for finding a place to rent!

    My Thanksgiving weekend was wonderful. It went fast, but I knew it would!

    My favorite day trip from Minneapolis is my parents' cabin. :)

    ReplyDelete