Sunday, August 14, 2011

Views from New York City

It's always hard to come home from a fun vacation. But when I have a short trip with spotty internet, it is fun to put all my pictures from the weekend on my computer at once and see the trip as a whole through my snapshots. The theme of this vacation was definitely "beautiful views." And so, I must share them with you...


From Hotel, of Central Park & The City...




DSC08918.JPG


From 10th Ave, of The High Line (park build above the road on an old railroad track)...


DSC08926.JPG


From 86th Floor Empire State Building, of Manhattan...


DSC08938.JPG


From Miss Liberty, of Statue of Liberty...




DSC08958.JPG


From Second Floor, Great Hall on Ellis Island


DSC08970.JPG


From Battery Park City, construction of One World Trade Center at Ground Zero


DSC08973.JPG


From Dad's Birthday Dinner Table, of wall of wine bottles...


DSC09012.JPG


From Fifth Avenue, of St. Patrick's Cathedral...


DSC09052.JPG


From Fifth Avenue, of Times Square...


DSC09059.JPG


From Balcony Seats, of Emerald City (Wicked)


DSC09087.JPG


Tomorrow I'll be back with some photos of me and my family in New York, and of course some views of the food :) Stay tuned!


How was your weekend? What is your favorite "view" in the world?



6 comments:

  1. Love the night shot of the city! What did you think about Ellis Island? I was so sad because I expected to see a full museum/ship search

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Those pictures are amazing! What a fun weekend trip. Great way to celebrate your dad's birthday! So fun.

    My favorite view is probably the views of Paris - I am not sure which one, though. Maybe standing on one of the bridges and seeing all the bridges over the Seine with the Eiffel Tower in the background? Hard to pick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!!! Looks like a great trip. NYC is definitely on my list of places to visit, maybe to run the marathon there one day :-)

    My favourite view in the world is the one of Cinque Terre when hiking between Vernazza and Monterosso - the view looking back on Vernazza is by far the most gorgeous thing in the world and forever burned into my memory. It's also the background on my laptop so I get to see it all the time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how awesome, you got see Wicked on Broadway!! That's WICKED! haha
    I need to get back to NYC. I've only been once, and that was not enough, no way. I have two friends who live out there so I have no excuse not to go!! Glad you had a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. NYC is just BEAUTIFUL! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm.. this is so tough. Portofino and Cinque Terre are definitely up there. Also the view from the Duomo in Florence. I loved the Cliffs of Moher too. I'm such a sucker for views so this is tough.

    Great pics! I'd say the view from the Empire State Building was worth the wait!! I'm so doing that.

    ReplyDelete