Saturday, August 27, 2011

End of Summer Cape Adventures

Officially home from the Cape and preparing to be hit by Hurricane Irene tomorrow morning. Okay, fine... my version of "preparation" is actually having flashlights (I realized earlier this year we lived in our house for over 2 years without a single flashlight, oops), doing our weekly grocery shopping trip (no, we did not stock up, we just bought a normal weeks worth of food) and charging my Kindle... if by chance we do lose power, I need something to entertain myself :) I wonder if 3G works in a hurricane...





I have to admit that weather forecasters to me are a bit like the boy who cried wolf. They have overreacted so many times that I now generally believe they will be wrong. We did bring in our furniture at the Cape though, just in case :)



This week though, there was no sign of any hurricane :)



Beautiful running trail around Hathaway Pond...





IMG_0243.JPG







IMG_0256.JPG







Kite Surfers at the Beach...





IMG_0258.JPG







IMG_0284.JPG







Kayaking on Martha's Vineyard...





DSC09111.JPG







DSC09114.JPG









DSC09104.JPG







Salt Pond, Eastham



IMG_0298.JPG





Cape Cod National Seashore, Coast Guard Beach





IMG_0304.JPG







IMG_0310.JPG



Cape Cod National Seashore, Marconi Beach





IMG_0317.JPG







IMG_0323.JPG





IMG_0325.JPG





I don't think any time is ever long enough at the Cape.



Just like no summer is ever long enough...



If you could only go one place for vacation for the rest of your life, where would you go?

8 comments:

  1. My gosh, the Cape looks so beautiful, I truly I hope I get to visit those islands someday!

    Good call on charging your Kindle! I will be thinking of all of you on the East coast this weekend. Be safe and keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kindle is plugged in right now as well! I have the cover with the light so I figure I'm all set. I also downloaded some books.

    Stay safe tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunapee.

    I think you're wearing my shirt : ) Love the photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are not getting hit by the hurricane as I type this. My tv is not working... my internet is spotty... so I am sort of out of touch with things. One would think I was in the midst of a hurricane. Ha.

    If I coudl only go one place for the rest of my life, I would probably choose my parents lake home. I love it up there and I will esp love i up there when they build the new home there this fall/winter/spring (they bulldoze the day after Labor Day! Eeks, so exciting!).

    But if we can expand and pick an optional international destination, I pick Paris. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hurricane plans are very similar to my own when we get hit. :) Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're right, it definitely does not look like a hurricane is coming! But, you'd better knock on wood :) I love your preparation; flashlights and charge the Kindle. What more do you need?! People are treating it like they will be out of water for months, and food for days.

    If I could vacation only one place the rest of my life it would be Italy. That was easy (although I'd hate the flight). If it had to be somewhere close I would choose Hilton HEad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhh all your pictures are SO BEAUTIFUL. I need to come visit soon!!!

    Summer FLEW by this year. After this past weekend I finally feel ready to let summer go and welcome my favourite season with open arms, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Eastham! We're heading there this weekend!

    ReplyDelete