Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Engagement Party Invites

If you read my blog often, you know about my mixed opinion on weddings. I like them, but sometimes I think there is a bit too much crazyness surrounding them. One bit of crazyness in particular is the "bridal shower." Though I think they are great for some people, I definitely do not think they are my thing. I hate opening presents in front of people, particularly household items that I am not excited about at all. I am pretty bad at being massively fake and that is what it would require. Fortunately, my mom completely agrees. Therefore, Eric and I decided to do a great big engagement party instead (even though we got engaged like 9 months ago, oops). This way, people can have fun and not watch us open presents the whole time.

For some really dumb reason I decided to take on a big project for our invitations. I basically fell in love with these Save the Dates that Amber made, but decided that our Cape wedding would not be connected enough to the Red Sox theme. So instead we decided to recreate these for our engagement invites. They were a lot of work but they came out really cool. For those of you who saw our engagement pictures, you will now see why we took a bunch in Red Sox shirts :)
Even though I stole all of the ideas for this from Amber, who really has the coolest stuff EVER for her wedding- they were still extremely time consuming. My mom has all sorts of opinions on wedding invitations, so I'm hoping she can take them over completely since I have no opinions on them :) I really love how these invitations came out, but mostly I'm just pumped to cross something off my list!

15 comments:

  1. Those are adorable! Love them!!

    My brother recently became engaged (April) and they aren't doing their engagement party until like December.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really cute! Love them - such a good idea for a more laid back engagement party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are perfect! I love the pun too, very clever whoever created them. I'm like you, I'm not into opening gifts in front of people, it's so awkward and strange to me. who wants to watch someone else open a bunch of gifts??? THat's no fun, and it defeats the purpose of the celebration in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those invitations are really cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are wonderful invites! How awesome are they!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them! Don't you hate how the best stuff always tends to be homemade and time consuming? It's so worth it though, they're super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only thing that would make them better would be if it was the Mets!! Go ahead, hate me. BUT, I do HATE, yes, hate, the Yankees!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are awesome! Great idea throwing a big engagement party in lieu of a shower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool invitation. I definitely prefer the idea of having a party to having formal shower type things. It's more fun to chat. My wedding reception was that way too. Very casual.

    ReplyDelete
  10. those invites are so fun!! they look great girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. aww love the invite, super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. those are awesome! very kelly+eric, which is the most important.

    ReplyDelete
  13. omg tell me those weren't your save the date invitations! those are the cutesttt :) i love them and the red sox of courseee!

    jenna

    ReplyDelete