Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Baby We Were Born to Run...

It was back to running this morning for me. It was a little rough but I think it was a combination of the absolute BOREDOM of the treadmill and the fact that it was really hot in my house. I felt a little sick by the end of what should've been a really simple 2 mile run...but that's okay, sometimes runs just don't quite work out the way you want them to.
On Wednesday nights I usually go to my parents house for dinner so this week I decided that since it's less than 4 miles away, I would rollerblade there. It was a great idea and a lot of fun. I talked to Katie on the phone the whole way there and listened to my ipod the whole way home. The only problem was my ever dreaded hill I live on. I was going to just hope my brake would work well and rollerblade straight down it but in the process I decide going barrelling into the busiest street in my town probably wasn't the best idea. The problem with rollerblading is, you can't just stop and walk. So I had to take off my rollerblades and walk down the hill in my socks- RIDICULOUS! When we bought our house I was concerned about living up in the hills because of the winter roads...turns out my car can handle it fine, it's me who cannot! However, I did discover that although I cannot run or bike up the hill- I CAN rollerblade up it, yay! (thank goodness because if I had to walk in my socks again I would've really not been happy).
My first official 5K race is in two days! I'm so excited. Even though I have gotten a bit distracted by my triathlon training, this 5k training has been something I've been working on since February and I'm 100 percent confident in my ability to do it. However, I would like some new good running music on my IPOD and I need your help! What is your all time BEST song to run/workout to?

3 comments:

  1. ooohhhh anything beyonce makes me wanna shake my booty! Rihanna is good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO about the rollerblading! I could so see myself just rolling down your hill backwards or something like that. Me and wheels just don't work. I'm quite clumsy!

    GL on your 5k! You will do great :)

    For workouts, Kanye West, Lady Gaga, Soulja Boy, Lil Wayne, and some rock (Disturbed, Eve 6) can't be beat. Ditto Jen re: beyonce and Rihanna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck with the 5K! I have always wanted to do one. Hopefully sometime soon...

    There are so many songs I love working out to, but when I'm running I really love "How Far We've Come," by Rob Thomas, especially towards the end of a run to get me through the rest of it! I also like Lada Gaga, Incubus, and Rihanna! A nice mix!

    ReplyDelete