Sunday, December 30, 2012

Top 12 of 2012

Why not relive my Top 12 Favorite Moments of 2012? Here it goes!

Cape Cod Beach Jump.  See how excited we look? It's the January promise of a new year...416402 10100105461511097 1853989146 o
Toasting at the Top of Cathedral Rock- We had another amazing trip to Sedona with many highlights. I loved hiking to Devil's Bridge with my cousin as well, so that moment is a tie with this one. I love the Cathedral Rock hike and somehow we had to foresight to bring drinks to the top with us this time, because why not?
IMG 3223
Car Ride to Vermont. One of my college friends got married in Vermont this May, so we took a road trip up there with Katie and Adam. The backroads of Vermont are a unique spot, and finding Katie's mix from high school really added to our fun.
Meeting the Babies. This year three of my best friends had babies and meeting each of their babies was a special moment. I was completely shocked by Tiff's baby Lia, how SMALL she was! I've become more used to the smallness now but I'm still amazed by the kids. I have to admit that before this year I really didn't understand the greatness of babies, I prefer walking and talking children. I'm still not a "baby person" but I've come to love and appreciate Teddy, Lia and Liam because I love their moms so much.
IMG 7630
11 Mile Hike- Our week spent in Seattle with my college roommate Ash this summer was definitely a highlight of the year. I loved our 11 mile hike on the Olympic Peninsula. It really hard to hike on a beach for 11 miles, but yet there was something so peaceful about it. Plus, we really deserved that Thai food we had for dinner! IMG 5198
Train ride to Vancouver. Truthfully this whole trip was amazing. I got to "meet" Lisa, Amber and Anais and explore a beautiful part of Canada, all in less than a week. They are all so much fun to hang out with and such great friends, so it's difficult to pick a moment of this trip that I loved the most, but man that train ride up to Vancouver was unexpectedly so much fun. I wish all train rides could be this fun.
IMG 5876
Summer of Weddings. I know this isn't a moment, but Eric and I had 6 (or was it 7?) weddings this summer and we had the absolute best time at all of them, it's impossible to choose one moment.
IMG 6285
Inspiration Point in Grand Teton National Park. Another amazing trip this summer was a week spent with my family in Wyoming, Montana and Idaho. The beginning of the Inspiration Hike was a low point for me as my stomach was still really bothering me from the plane ride before, but eventually I recovered and got to see an absolutely beautiful view at the top.
IMG 6420
Crossing the finish line in Triathlon #3. Another highlight of my summer (obviously I love life in the summer) was training for another triathlon with 3 amazing friends from work. We had a blast meeting up for swims and bike rides all summer long. Then, we had even more of a blast doing a triathlon together after we survived the first week back at school.
IMG 1216
Cape Cod Visit. Most years Eric and I spent at least 1-2 weekends a month at the Cape. However this year with my parents house closed up, we only visited occasionally. This fall we took a trip down and stayed at a Bed and Breakfast in our old stomping grounds. We had the most relaxing weekend, visiting our favorite restaurants, taking a cruise around the harbor, walking the beach several times and both reading the same book and talking about it nonstop. We didn't even turn on the TV the whole weekend, which is pretty crazy for us.
IMG 7511
Dance Party with the kindergarten kids. My kindergarten class this year has it's challenges, but this past week I tried to focus only on the amazing things about them. They love, love to dance. We enjoyed so many great dance parties this week. They especially love the Kidz Bop version of "Call Me Maybe" (it actually says "smile showing" instead of skin was showing… amazing) and Cotton Eyed Joe.
Christmas Eve 2012. This was our third year hosting a Christmas Eve celebration and it was as much fun as it always is. I decided to give it a theme this year, and it was "Christmas Around the World." We enjoyed some food from around the world, and everyone shared where they most want to go in the world. Another addition was that our friends Sarah and Brian joined in the fun. Sarah and Brian are Jewish so we did an awesome "religious exchange" program with them this year. They served us a delicious Hanukah meal and taught us how to play dreidel. We got them their first Christmas tree and decorated it. Then, we finished it off when them joining our Christmas Eve celebration. Fantastic way to end off another wonderful year.
Picisto 20121225085918 695486

What were your top moments of 2012? Share! 

8 comments:

  1. Ha, we are brain twins as I did the same post today! Although I kind of cheated and some are not moments as they were things like an entire weekend trip, Amber's wedding, etc. ;) I would agree that that train ride was one of my favorite parts of that trip as well. I had so much fun with you and Eric (and our joiner, Mr. Debauchery. Ha). That train ride just flew by and I knew we'd be friends for life after that. :)

    I had a lot of top moments in 2012, too. It was fun to reflect back on my year when I did the post! You did a lot of traveling this past year - i totally forgot about your AZ trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it's been a great year! Happy 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a lot of fun moments in 2012! I especially love the first picture you posted! (I'm all about the jump shots!)

    I know one of MY favorite moments of 2012 was YOU running the Red Bandana 5k :) That picture is a part of Welles' baby book for life :)

    I hope we can have a picture of BOTH of us doing it in 2013!!!!

    Cheers to another fantastic year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You traveled a lot in 2012! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the best to you in 2013!!!!

    Also, that skull shirt with the cupcake is AWESOME! Any idea where it is from?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yayy such a great year! Ditto to everyone else who said you traveled A LOT last year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sort of love this recap - photos are always fun, but I also love how much you travel and spend time outdoors. If I were to recap my top 12 moments this year, there would be a lot of photos of Gavin doing stupid (but endearing) things. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great year you had!! My group of friends had the first baby too and it's so exciting!

    ReplyDelete