January is already over and I'm left feeling like I almost always do, it went by fast in some ways, and slow it others. The highlights of my month were definitely my two trips to Katie's house at the Cape, first with Eric and Adam and then our girls weekend. Even though the weather went from 60 degrees and sunny to snowbound between the two trips, the feeling of complete and total relaxation was the same on both trips. I love you Cape Cod.
This year I decided to do monthly instead of yearly goals! :) Here is a look at how I did with my January goals:
1. Read 4 books. Check! I actually read 5 books this month, wahoo! I was very into a couple of my books which helped and also Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas I literally read in 2 weeknights, which is pretty much unheard of in my world. Here is a list of books I read in January:
Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman
Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas by James Patterson
State of Wonder by Ann Patchett
How to be an American Housewife by Margaret Dilloway
The Lost Wife by Alyson Richman
I recommend all of these books, but my favorite was Saving CeeCee Honeycutt. I loved CeeCee and the characters she met. Also cool, the author, Beth Hoffman, commented on my blog to thank me for recommending her book. Officially star struck.
2. Get to yoga 4 times. Nope. But I got to yoga 3 times, so it's not a total fail. I actually was right on a roll with one time per week until I lost all motivation last week because I realized my pass never expires and then it seemed like the less I went to yoga the less I would have to pay for a new pass. Irrational, I know.
3. Run outside at least once a week. Check. Well, as long as you allow that I ran outside every week except one, but then made up for it by running twice the next week? Sorry, I'm a fair weather runner, I admit it. I'll never be as hardcore as Amber...
4. Donate 2 full bags of clothes to Good Will. Check Plus. This month I donated FOUR trash bags filled with clothes to Good Will as well as a pretty large box of books. I'm already loving life without the extra clutter and I'm sure my tax refund next year will thank me as well. I did have to part with some sentimental value clothing, but it was definitely worn! Still sad though...
Okay fine, I have the Australia one in another color that I kept... and haven't worn in several years once I learned how washing it makes it fall apart. I swear I'm not a hoarder.
5. Clean the inside of my car. Check. I cleaned my car a few weeks ago and I've managed to keep things relatively clean since that. The only major mess incident occurred coming out of tutoring one morning. I was carrying a plastic box that I keep lots of tutoring supplies in like pencils, glue, scissors, bingo chips, sound cards and picture cards and BAM the whole thing just exploded open and went all over the sidewalk on an extremely windy day. I managed to get up most of the stuff before it blew away but in my rush to get OUT OF THERE and get to work I did throw a lot of it aimlessly into my car. I think most of it is back in the original plastic box though. Thank goodness. Yes, this is something you would've laughed at had you witnessed it. Don't lie.
6. Try something new. Check. Well, I have to admit my plan was to do something really COOL and new this month, but instead I ended up trying 3 new restaurants. I do love me a good restaurant, so I can't complain. I tried a Mexican restaurant in the Cape called Anejo. I got pretty awesome lobster spring rolls. It was like Cape Cod seafood with a Mexican twist. I also tried an offshoot of my favorite restaurant from Burlington VT called Flatbread Company in Burlington, MA! They serve local beer and delicious pizzas, what more could you ask for?
Well, you could ask for an amazing brunch spot, also in the suburbs! Eric and I tried a restaurant called Tryst in Arlington for brunch one random Sunday morning. It was a little awkward to eat at a bar at 11 am on a Sunday (we should've made a reservation) but one bite of this french toast and I was over it. Trying new things is the best.
January was a pretty sweet month. I hope the rest of 2012 is even better. I'll be back tomorrow with my February goals.
Did you try anything new in January? How about meet any goals?