Happy Last Day of 2011!
I have to say that after the years I got engaged (2008), bought a house (2009), and got married (2010), 2011 had a lot to live up to! It wasn't even close to as exciting as all those years, but it was still a great year nonetheless. I am hopeful that 2012 will be even better.
Here are my Top 11 Memories in no particular order:
1. Visiting Newport (Jan) and New Hampshire (August) with Eric's family :) In Newport, we explored the town with some wine and beer tasting, as well as some delicious restaurants. In New Hampshire, we enjoyed summer relaxation at it's finest and of course a beautiful boat ride to the Loon Sanctuary.
2. Celebrating my Dad's birthday in NYC! We spent a long weekend celebrating my Dad's 60th birthday and showing Eric New York City (he had never been!).
3. Year 2 of visiting Sedona! It was not any less amazing the second time. In 2012 we will bring new visitors to our favorite place :)
4. Celebrating Eric's cousin and my cousin getting married!
5. Discovering hidden gems at the Cape.
6. Reading 35 books! This was the year of reading for me, and I read about 35 books. I'm hoping next year to read just as many. One thing that made reading even more fun was chatting about books at Emily's blogger book club, and going to see books we loved turned into movies with my friends Sarah and Susanne :)
7. Running the Res with Eric. I was able to get back into running this year, which was basically my only goal for 2011 that I actually kept, oops :) I didn't meet any crazy distance goals this year and I only did one single race, but I learned that I don't care about any of that. All I really want is to be able to run in beautiful places whenever I feel like it. And that, I did.
8. Watching Caroline run the marathon! My sister, on the other hand, wants to conquer the crazy distances and that SHE did with 26.2 miles in Chicago. I had a blast watching her run and catching up with my friend Gerry who moved to Chicago this year.
9. Visiting my brother and sister's homes in Connecticut. My brother goes to school in CT and my sister moved their for her first job out of college this year. At the end of September, Eric and I joined my parents to go to Family Weekend at Jake's school. I got to see where both of my siblings live, tailgate a football game and enjoy the restaurants and frozen yogurt of their cities!
10. Katie's Quilting Class Days. Haha I know you are like sorry, WHAT? I'm sure those of you who read this blog often know my friend Katie. Well Katie and I have never lived super close to each other (since college when we lived in the same suite for 3 years) and this year she bought a house and moved even farther away. Don't get me wrong, it's maybe 40 minutes away so it's really not terrible but it's a bit too far for watching American Idol together let's just say. However, this year Katie also accepted a new job that involves her going relatively close to my house to get to it. Wahoo. Her sucky commute = my happiness :) I kid. But seriously, Katie has been taking quilting classes near my house and on those nights she comes over and we hang out and eat dinner together. We get to chat and pretend we still live in the same suite. Thank you Quilting Class.
11. Celebrating 5 year Reunion. This year was my 5 year College Reunion. I was a bit hesitant about the whole thing I have to admit, but like Vera Bradley bags and the color pink, it won me over in the end. I had a great time catching up with my college friends and thanking God I no longer live in those tiny dorm rooms :)
I hope everyone has a Happy New Year's Eve tonight :) I'll see you guys in 2012.